Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet they are excited! I'll be interested if and when any of them have some to sell. Those kids will get to learn all about supply and demand.
jumpy.gif

*Raises Hand* Me too!!! I am currently trying to get a "chicken program" started with our local 4-H kids. 4H and FFA are both huge here but only in hoofstock, I can't believe no one raises chickens! But recently we've had an upswing in kids interested in showing that don't have the means or space to raise a large animal and hopefully next year (we just had our county show last weekend) I can get some people on board to show chickens! Adding some funky blue egg layers would be a neat project for them. (hint hint hint)

I'd love to see some pictures of those excited kids when all those baby chickies arrive!!
yippiechickie.gif

DR BRAMWELL has several breeds that are verry true to the SOP and has worked for years on some of his lines of birds and you would be hard pressed to find better geneticly corect birds

ok i will show you my houdans came from DR B

There beautiful birds. WOW I love them....... I call them chickens punk rock chickens!! :love and make my kids laugh at the thought, but until I found out they were not such great egg layers, I wanted several different kind and had them saved to my order before I got the whole scoop on good layers of large eggs over beautiful chickens who lay OHK and aren't large enough to butcher the extra roosters either .I still think that they are the coolest looking birds ever and someday if my flock is doing well at laying me enough eggs to pay for their feed I'm gonna get me 1 of these punk rock chickens just for the novelty even if it never lays me an egg..LOL Thank you for sharing the pictures....Kim

If the birds are breeding true, and they continue to breed true for several generations, they are not mutts. They are a new breed.

Right on I totally agree!!!

Edited becaause I don't want the thread to get closed..........

I seriously applaud this Dr. B and anyone helping in this cool new project. I guess I always revert back to my grandmother saying to me if you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all!
Kim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom