Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM Jim Hall as far as i know he is the only one that has sold or released any sense the UofA dispersed there flock...
Quote:
goodpost.gif

I haven't even built my first coop and I'm already interested if we can them up to Canada...

Quote:
We do not ship to Canada. Last year I did ship some eggs to a PO Box in Porthill, WA. Instructions were to "HOLD AT POST OFFICE". I received a notice a month later they were "undeliverable". I called the post office and suggested they toss the package. They wanted to return to sender. I said sure, if you want a dozen eggs exploding in the plain. I looked the phone number up and it was for British Columbia. I did not call them (long, long distance) but did try to email them. Seems they rented a US post office box just to receive hatching eggs. The rent came due and they did not renew.

I swore I would never ship to the border again. Well, maybe once or twice. But everyone must handle their own paperwork at the border. I ship to USA addresses only.

goodpost.gif

We do not ship to Canada. Last year I did ship some eggs to a PO Box in Porthill, WA. Instructions were to "HOLD AT POST OFFICE". I received a notice a month later they were "undeliverable". I called the post office and suggested they toss the package. *Snipped*

I swore I would never ship to the border again. Well, maybe once or twice. But everyone must handle their own paperwork at the border. I ship to USA addresses only.

I understand your feelings about international shipping. I do the over border shipping address myself but that situation is just unfortunate and careless. Believe me when I say it's not the typical Canadian. Once my coop is ready and I have some experience I will look into the idea again. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I understand your feelings about international shipping. I do the over border shipping address myself but that situation is just unfortunate and careless. Believe me when I say it's not the typical Canadian. Once my coop is ready and I have some experience I will look into the idea again. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Did you see our Canadian White Chanteclers in our signature? None available at present. We acquired a pair from Greg Oakes at Crossroads. We also got one of his Narragansett turkeys.

Did you see our Canadian White Chanteclers in our signature? None available at present. We acquired a pair from Greg Oakes at Crossroads. We also got one of his Narragansett turkeys.

I may contact you/them when I have my coop built. If I can get some good chickens here without the paperwork and stress/risk to the chickens all the better. It will be a winter palace for the chickens when done but not sure I am ready to hatch eggs as of yet...
Still have the bee hive to set up...
actually we don't even move into the farm for another month... ;o)

All the best,

RF

I have some of each also. We'll keep it quiet. I'm going to try to get back up there later and get some of the Brown Leghorns they are crossing with the brown leghorn style blue egg layers.
I would just like to reiterate to everyone on this thread that no eggs will be given away from the Light Brown Leghorns. No eggs will be given out from the Light Brown blue egg layers either. They still need a lot of work and are not close to being ready for public distribution.
Thank you.

I would just like to reiterate to everyone on this thread that no eggs will be given away from the Light Brown Leghorns. No eggs will be given out from the Light Brown blue egg layers either. They still need a lot of work and are not close to being ready for public distribution.
Thank you.
Thanks. That saves me a trip up there. Anyone know of a source in western Arkansas or Eastern Oklahoma for Brown Leghorns? I don't care if they are light or dark.

I knew that the blue egg layers were closed, just didn't realize the brown leghorns were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom