Blue egg laying barred EE?

I don't believe in the least that bird is a blue egg laying BR and I don't believe you do in the least either so what's up?
Just trying to bust my chops?
The owner said Green egg Barred Rock, I for one believe that since all chickens are related to each other and the only difference would be phenotypic in nature that if the breeder breeds towards the SOP in type and form, they could lay green, blue, purple as long as they meet the SOP can even be shown in shows and win prices, like @DarJones breeding exceptional Wyandottes that lay blue eggs

The owner said Green egg Barred Rock, I for one believe that since all chickens are related to each other and the only difference would be phenotypic in nature that if the breeder breeds towards the SOP in type and form, they could lay green, blue, purple as long as they meet the SOP can even be shown in shows and win prices, like @DarJones breeding exceptional Wyandottes that lay blue eggs
Ya the owner said "barred rock". Did you notice the " "s.
They also quoted my post and said they knew it wasn't right above your post.
Do we really need to continue this?

You HAD leghorns that laid blue eggs? I didn't know that was a thing, ignorant here. 🤔
No. I have had Legbar/Leghorn crosses. I guess any without crests could be confused as a pure Leghorn.
If I had such birds as you speak of I'd be pretty upset if anyone called them Leghorns.
Wouldn't EE be more fitting?

No. I have had Legbar/Leghorn crosses. I guess any without crests could be confused as a pure Leghorn.
If I had such birds as you speak of I'd be pretty upset if anyone called them Leghorns.
Wouldn't EE be more fitting?
The word EE seems to refer to colored eggs and not bird type or lineage. So from your point, yes.

But if you were able to breed a leghorn that laid blue eggs for consecutive generations but had every trait of a leghorn. Would that still be a EE? And would you dismiss the breed type?

Sorry to get back on topic…

I found the pictures, and it looks like they were Lavender and BBS (Barred or Cuckoo I can’t tell).

5240FBCE-476F-4631-B74E-9794CCF82723.jpeg
DD14722D-F66A-44F3-868D-78EB6D7FE16E.jpeg
3FF1713D-2955-4CC3-A917-07D9099FBCCB.jpeg
00221A15-AFA2-468C-9AE3-693066069D2D.jpeg

The breeders name is Chris Cross and he is in Irving, TX. Apparently the best way to contact him is through Facebook. :)

Back
Top Bottom