Blue Favaucana

Pics
I agree the price is a bit much and if I had the room and ability to hatch my own I would. It's no secret the breeds used to make them. Maybe they will become more common like the olive and easter eggers seem to be, got to start somewhere right?

All I am hoping to do here is to try and help out someone who, like me, is new to the favaucana and is interested in raising them whether they bought them or breed their own.
Hello, I just ran into this thread while thinking of trying my Salmon Favorelles hens to a 10 month old Lavender Rooster that I am picking up tomorrow. I am also picking up a Lavender Ameraucana hen as well. Just in case my mix doesn't turn out well. My Salmon Favorelles Rooster is interspecies gay. He only tried to breed my Mallard drake's before I found them a home a little over a month ago. The girls flirt with him. He just walks off. No blood in any eggs. I do however have 2 girls that try to sit on the fake wood eggs all the time instead of laying eggs. So I am going to breed the Lavender Ameraucana Rooster to my Salmon Favorelles. I also have regular Americana hens that I will add in eventually. They are 2 young right now. So I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom