Blue Fenton

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AtRendeAcres, Oct 3, 2007.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I saw Blue Fentons in the book "Choosing and keeping Chickens" by:Chris Graham

they are hybrids!

I have been reseaching internet for weeks [​IMG]

I want to know how to make them I only come up with cream legbar (I am thinking this is a Leghorn)

they lay colored eggs so maybe it is crossed with a EE?

If anyone can help [​IMG]

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You could always try asking on one of the UK chicken forums. I don't know anything about the British hybrids. I've seen a few people from the UK on here, hopefully one of them will know and post on here.

It can be pretty frustrating when you read about a particular breed or variety in another part of the world that you can't get here. I get European chicken envy, UK chicken envy and even UK chicken coop envy from time to time. [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I know nothing about Fentons, but I do know that Cream Legbars are a breed often seen in Britain and are very different from Leghorns. You can google Cream Legbars or go to Feathersite to learn more.

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    here is a link to the Cream Legbars.

http://www.creamlegbar.co.uk/

I looked up the Fenton Blues. It sounds to me like it is a cross that Fenton Poultry bred & have named. I'm sure it is one of their own mixes. They do not say if they breed true or not.

That is just what I found, I hope you have better luck.

Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by