blue hatching partridge? ~PICS~

kasey08

Aunt Kasey's Farm
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Scottsboro, AL
i have a pen with blue and black hen over a blue roo. just hatched out 5 under my broody and one has a blue head then like a chip munk color back they are very good quality.what color could it be?

Last edited:
I've heard of a lot of people hatching partridge chicks out of solid color pens. I have a black pair myself that makes those!
31816_ziggy_over_hilda.jpg

Hey all!!!!! Just curious.... How do you get a part. chick. what colors hatch out partridge,silverlaced,etc. I have as of today 4 blue hens and a blue roo w/4 chicks left(3 yellow,and a very dark grey) I think the dark chick may be black not sure. They are 3 weeks and a day old. absolutely adorable!!!!!! I love my cochins!!!! I'm totally new to the chicken world but I love them. I wish I'd had them years ago. I would appreciate any and all help.

welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
These partridge chicks are anomolies, and they seem to be limited to Silkies. Your light chicks are likely to be splash, and your other one is blue. Your best bet is to breed together the colors to which you can predict the results.

i dont get it? there 2 days old. how did i get that color? are they not very good quality? and when it grows up what color can i breed with it?

Where did you get your silkies? I scored a free splash sizzle roo in AL because he apparently was throwing partridge chicks. Maybe it wasn't him
tongue.png
So far I have gotten all splash or blue babies from him, but I am using cochins instead of silkies.

Back
Top Bottom