BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
My new blue Isbar cockerel that I picked up from lonnyandrinda. I named him Chrome. He is a talker and already likes showing off his little dance for the ladies
love.gif

He's really pretty!

Is there a particular goal or purpose in mind from crossing these two breeds?
I don't know, but as rare as this breed is on the planet......I'm not crossing mine with nothin......LOL

I just want to try and get mine to start hatching. For some reason....they are laying eggs pretty steady, but they aren't hatching out. I was told that they need more humidity during hatching time. But, I have a GQF and it's got several different breeds in there....so it makes it hard to bump up the humidity just for the Isbars. I suppose I'll have to buy a separate incubator just for the Isbar eggs?

re: the isbar/marans cross, i didn't "make" them myself, but got hatching eggs from a friend -- and yes, her plan was to make olive-colored eggs. which worked!

in this photo, the isbar/marans cross egg is second from the right, very true-olive, not at all pastel.

i believe she used a blue marans in the cross, and the resulting birds really are lovely -- but i am definitely planning to keep them distinct from the pure isbars & their progeny -- but all my isbar pullets are either just chicks or still too young to be in the pen with Blue the cockerel. they'll all get there eventually...

edit: and i'm actually somewhat curious to see what an F2 cross back with an isbar would turn out like... might try hatching some eggs just to see.

Last edited:
I don't know, but as rare as this breed is on the planet......I'm not crossing mine with nothin......LOL

I just want to try and get mine to start hatching. For some reason....they are laying eggs pretty steady, but they aren't hatching out. I was told that they need more humidity during hatching time. But, I have a GQF and it's got several different breeds in there....so it makes it hard to bump up the humidity just for the Isbars. I suppose I'll have to buy a separate incubator just for the Isbar eggs?

Mine have no trouble hatching in my GQF at regular temp and humidity settings. However they are ALWAYS the last to hatch of all the breeds, 12-24 hours after everybody else. How are their air cell size at lockdown?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh thank you for such a great laugh!!!!!! That is absolutely hysterical !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so needed a good laugh after weeks of fighting the elements.............I think I need to visit the ladies room now!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Doc

Not quite sure what is hysterical about that... but glad you got a good laugh! Good for the soul!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom