BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
It's just the luck (or unluck?) of the USPS I think? I've shipped eggs to Florida that got 86% hatch rate.
hu.gif

unluck, most definitely! my postal driver is actually incredibly careful with the box (i've given him some eggs from the laying flock, so he has a vested interest), but it makes me wonder whether one of the transfer stations the eggs must move through to get to me is particularly rough, since i've had such consistently bad luck with shipped ones...

Yeah, I think it's the shipping for sure. My sister in law incubated shipped eggs and only 2 of 22 hatched. She blamed her incubator and did have a power outage for a few hours. But she hatched all but one of the eggs from my Australorps and 4 out of a large number of shipped eggs last month. So it wasn't her incubator. It's a huge gamble with shipped eggs.

Yeah, I think it's the shipping for sure. My sister in law incubated shipped eggs and only 2 of 22 hatched. She blamed her incubator and did have a power outage for a few hours. But she hatched all but one of the eggs from my Australorps and 4 out of a large number of shipped eggs last month. So it wasn't her incubator. It's a huge gamble with shipped eggs.
I've actually had better luck shipping them from FARTHER away so they have a flight instead of days on trucks. Which is sad because Dana's eggs are the color I'm after and other sellers have some of that color and some that have a tannish hue. I just mark the chicks so I know what egg they came from for breeding decisions later.

I've actually had better luck shipping them from FARTHER away so they have a flight instead of days on trucks. Which is sad because Dana's eggs are the color I'm after and other sellers have some of that color and some that have a tannish hue. I just mark the chicks so I know what egg they came from for breeding decisions later.

actually, that's interesting to know -- as my oldest pullet from Dana's first shipment of eggs has just reached POL, and is producing sort of peach-colored eggs. she definitely hatched from one of those gorgeous-colored ones, so not sure what's going on -- am not sure whether to try breeding her to my unrelated cockerel & growing out some girls to see what colored eggs they lay, or not hassling with it & just not hatching her eggs? she's a lovely splash -- and the next-oldest pullets from Dana's eggs are only 8 weeks or so, so will have to wait a while to see their eggs!

actually, that's interesting to know -- as my oldest pullet from Dana's first shipment of eggs has just reached POL, and is producing sort of peach-colored eggs. she definitely hatched from one of those gorgeous-colored ones, so not sure what's going on -- am not sure whether to try breeding her to my unrelated cockerel & growing out some girls to see what colored eggs they lay, or not hassling with it & just not hatching her eggs? she's a lovely splash -- and the next-oldest pullets from Dana's eggs are only 8 weeks or so, so will have to wait a while to see their eggs!

How long has she been laying? This spring I had a Cream Legbar pullet laying white eggs- I was mystified- and then after about 2 weeks the white eggs stopped. She's in the big girl pen so I don't know for sure they've turned blue but it's been almost a month since I got a white egg. Maybe your girl's color just hasn't "kicked in."

How long has she been laying? This spring I had a Cream Legbar pullet laying white eggs- I was mystified- and then after about 2 weeks the white eggs stopped. She's in the big girl pen so I don't know for sure they've turned blue but it's been almost a month since I got a white egg. Maybe your girl's color just hasn't "kicked in."

she's only been laying for a few weeks at most... will keep keeping an eye on her.
thanks!

Hey Guys,
New to this group, have a lovely lil group of Isbars, have not been on BYC, well have not posted much on here so have to get my post up to sell etc. I know I am new, but not new to chickens or shipping, would love to be in the group on here with the Isbars. I have a GFF roo, and 3 unrelated hens, 2 black and 1 blue (although they are related down the line as GFF imported them all). I have set like 25 eggs so far this year with only 1 quitter. Have another 22 or so to set. I hope once I get my "post" up that I can offer them. Thanks.
Scot

Hey Guys,
New to this group, have a lovely lil group of Isbars, have not been on BYC, well have not posted much on here so have to get my post up to sell etc. I know I am new, but not new to chickens or shipping, would love to be in the group on here with the Isbars. I have a GFF roo, and 3 unrelated hens, 2 black and 1 blue (although they are related down the line as GFF imported them all). I have set like 25 eggs so far this year with only 1 quitter. Have another 22 or so to set. I hope once I get my "post" up that I can offer them. Thanks.
Scot
Welcome! We'd love to see photos of your Isbars.

Hi,
Thanks, to be honest I don't know how to load a pic on BYC.....if I can figure it out I'll get you a pic.
Got it LOL. Here is a pic of their eggs. I know you all have Isbars so not a big deal egg pic. The blues
are my legbars, the bottom left are from my girls. Will get a pic of them tomorrow, they are in a smaller
coop for the winter and will go to their bigger one in a few weeks but will get a pic tomorrow.. Also I ship eggs, I
have been reading on here about bad ship hatches, when I first wanted them I REALLY GOT DISCOURAGED
as I found they did not ship (the eggs that is) very well. I would be willing to ship a few to someone who has been
having not so good luck with them, 6 or so if anyone is interested. Could not hurt to give it a try. Just pay shipping.
Thanks guys and will have pic tomorrow of the quad..

Back
Top Bottom