BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Gonna have isbar x silkie....isbar x buff brahma..isbar x white polish....isbar x crested cream legbar..isbar x cuckoo Marans...and a few others...
Have any of you ever crossed any of these on purpose?
I have two IceCream bars -- CL rooster x Isbar hen. They really are pretty and friendly birds. The little cockerel is in need of rehoming - because I won't be raising IceCream bars--- just not enough space for another breed. I guess I need to get the lead out and put his photo in buy-sell-trade in case someone is working on an Icecreambar project. He is a pretty little guy.

I was surprised that he was so light with only 1-barring gene. But one of my Isbars had a barred blue feather -- I listed earlier in this thread, to see if anyone else had ever experienced it.
His sister looks like this:

I'm kind of surprised at the behavior of your Isbars, but then again I guess it's within the realm of normal rooster behavior.

Last edited:
I would like to buy some fertile Isbars eggs for their beautiful green colored eggs,(preferbably dark green/olive).
Anyone live in or near N.W. AR?
Please PM me. I'm getting my 2015 flock and coops ready.

Last edited:
You may have to put net on the tops of your pens to keep them where they belong. Isbar X cuckoo Marans would be a sexlinked olive egger, Isbar X legbar sexlinked at least. Of course you don't have to incubate any of them...

If they are sexlinked what would the different genders look like? Is it the same for both crosses?

I would like to buy some fertile Isbars eggs for their beautiful green colored eggs,(preferbably dark green/olive).
Anyone live in or near N.W. AR?
Please PM me. I'm getting my 2015 flock and coops ready.

It may be difficult to get hatching eggs in or out of AR now. There is confirmed AI at a turkey farm. Read the last few pages of the arkansas blue egg layers thread. I cant copy/paste from this phone.

My set of 6. Incubating some eggs as we speak. I might hope to get some black ones (can't get them genetically from my splash rooster though). They're good birds!

My set of 6. Incubating some eggs as we speak. I might hope to get some black ones (can't get them genetically from my splash rooster though). They're good birds!
You have such lovely birds. What state are you located in? It looks like you also have a blue cockerel to go with your blue pullets so 25% of their chicks should be black. Are you wanting black pullets, cockerels or both?

Also has it been decided what ear color Isbars should have? I have seen both red and white. I don't have a rooster so I am not breeding any at present. Though it would be good to know what the right color is if I should choose to get a rooster in the future.

Back
Top Bottom