BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Oh no. I'm so sorry you had mean Welsummers. I got mine from a breeder in SC and right away was amazed at how calm and quiet they were. Especially compared with my Ameraucanas and Marans. As a matter of fact they got bullied because they were so non-aggressive. Just goes to show, temperament can be bred into or out of a breed. Good culling factors I've read on BYC!

Hello, I'm new to this sweet breed ! Is there a way to maybe know the gender of my new chick? She/he is a month old . It's very quite unlike the Roo I hatched with it ! He's clearly a Roo but a olive egger. Here are a few pictures if anyone is experienced with this breed . I really like this chick hoping for a pullet
she has a pullet looking taiil. My Roo is already growing saddle feathers at the same age and a red comb but like I said a different breed . Thank you in advance! I'm so excited to introduce this breed to my flock.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to this sweet breed ! Is there a way to maybe know the gender of my new chick? She/he is a month old . It's very quite unlike the Roo I hatched with it ! He's clearly a Roo but a olive egger. Here are a few pictures if anyone is experienced with this breed . I really like this chick hoping for a pullet she has a pullet looking taiil. My Roo is already growing saddle feathers at the same age and a red comb but like I said a different breed . Thank you in advance! I'm so excited to introduce this breed to my flock.
No answer - but just saying a pretty chick! Hopefully you will get your answer from experts. ;O)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to this sweet breed ! Is there a way to maybe know the gender of my new chick? She/he is a month old . It's very quite unlike the Roo I hatched with it ! He's clearly a Roo but a olive egger. Here are a few pictures if anyone is experienced with this breed . I really like this chick hoping for a pullet she has a pullet looking taiil. My Roo is already growing saddle feathers at the same age and a red comb but like I said a different breed . Thank you in advance! I'm so excited to introduce this breed to my flock.
Welcome!
frow.gif
Still a little early to tell, but with a comb that size at a month old, I would say cockerel.

No answer - but just saying a pretty chick!  Hopefully you will get your answer from experts. ;O)

Thank you ! She/he seems like a hen but comb is growing .... Ugh! I incubated 12 eggs got 3 to hatch and seems they all may be cockerels.
Welcome! :frow Still a little early to tell, but with a comb that size at a month old, I would say cockerel. 
. I hope the comb slows down. The Australorp I have did the same thing but ended up a hen. The other one I hatched is a olive egger
this guy is clearly a cockerel ! That's why I was wondering about the Isbar I was really looking forward to a pullet . I sure hope she/ he ends up a she. I ordered 9 more eggs in hopes I would have better luck! I need a few new hens! I love both of them ! And my 4 day old BR I hatched seems to have cockerels markings as well.
1f630.png
1f629.png

I think that is one reason I stay with my Legbars as my main breed -- I couldn't stand the suspense.  Hope it will turn out to be a pullet -- or else the 9 eggs you are getting will give you a lot of pullets.  I do love my Isbars and they are really productive and beautiful hens.
They are beatiful! Ugh
2764.png
1f423.png
I'm still hoping
1f64f.png
thank you !

KYTinpusher, YES- the guessing game is over and you are right- a cockerel! Funny how much later he developed, it has just become very clear as his comb busted out and is getting more red... Anyone in CA need a Blue Isbar Cockerel?
I don't need two
hu.gif

On another note... GOT MY FIRST ISBAR EGG YESTERDAY!!
ya.gif

They were born 4/1/15, first egg 8/18/15

KYTinpusher, YES- the guessing game is over and you are right- a cockerel! Funny how much later he developed, it has just become very clear as his comb busted out and is getting more red... Anyone in CA need a Blue Isbar Cockerel?
I don't need two
hu.gif

On another note... GOT MY FIRST ISBAR EGG YESTERDAY!!
ya.gif

They were born 4/1/15, first egg 8/18/15

Congrats!! Beautiful color.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom