BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
I'm looking forward to hearing home to see what my
AY have hatched....I had a total of 4 with little holes in their she'll that I could see when I left this morning. Hope the other 3 eggs have some progress by now as well.

Hello, I had one of 9 that made it to lockdown hatch earlier today...he or she was just shy of 21 days. I'm hoping the rest are going to hatch tonight or tomorrow. They are rocking, and one already cracked it's shell. I'm amazed at how much earlier Izzy or Blue (obviously the name depends on if it's a girl or boy) hatched. I had one of the 9 peck a hole in its she'll on day 19....lots of liquid came out, and it did not make it. I had a lot of trouble with my incubator randomly jumping 5 degrees then falling 10. I think the biggest variance was a low of 94 and a high of 105. But they have been lucky so far...I'll update later. I just wanted to share the first: meet Izzy or Blue!
[/URL]

Nice name choices. My dog is named Izzy and my blue isbar hen is named Blue also!

Here are my 4 new chicks...the one from yesterday and 3 from today...still have 3 eggs in the incubator, but I don't have high hopes for them. Are the darker considered blue or black? I'm having a harder time finding a lot of info on the Blue Isbar chicks than others. Does anyone know if you can tell male or female from the wing feathers?

Here are my 4 new chicks...the one from yesterday and 3 from today...still have 3 eggs in the incubator, but I don't have high hopes for them. Are the darker considered blue or black? I'm having a harder time finding a lot of info on the Blue Isbar chicks than others. Does anyone know if you can tell male or female from the wing feathers?

Pretty chicks!

I

Congrats on your hatch!! I also hatched Silverudd Blue's recently and they all hatched but over 3 days! I was so nervous!! I don't believe you can tell yet based on wing feathers if they're male or female.

Back
Top Bottom