BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Congrats on your hatch!!  I also hatched Silverudd Blue's recently and they all hatched but over 3 days!  I was so nervous!!  I don't believe you can tell yet based on wing feathers if they're male or female.

Thanks..we have 4 total and 3 eggs left...I'm gonna have to call it on them tomorrow night. No pips and I still hAve some blue laced wyandotte eggs in the incubator..if these isbar eggs are bad I don't think I should leave them in there much longer. Oh, and I had 2 "hybrid ayam cemani" chicks hatch yesterday and 1 mote trying to hatch right now. We bought 3 batches of birds (isbars, fake cemanies, and the blue laced red wyandottes) so far we are at about 30% hatch.

@ConchChicken

I've got to ask if you are from Key West. I was part of 'Save the Chickens' in the 90's when the then mayor was sending them to Jacksonville to be relocated (killed). There was a chicken store and headquarters on the corner of Duval and maybe White, next to the Girls, Girls, Girls place. Only in Key West.
I've always loved the feisty chickens of the Conch Republic!

Every town should have free ranging fowl.

@ConchChicken

I've got to ask if you are from Key West. I was part of 'Save the Chickens' in the 90's when the then mayor was sending them to Jacksonville to be relocated (killed). There was a chicken store and headquarters on the corner of Duval and maybe White, next to the Girls, Girls, Girls place. Only in Key West.
I've always loved the feisty chickens of the Conch Republic!

Every town should have free ranging fowl.

I am not from Key West be we go every year!! (30 days and counting
wee.gif
) That's actually how my interest in chickens started; we stayed at a place on Southard and loved watching a mama hen with her chicks!!
I love to see and (yes) hear the roosters down there!!
Last year we were sad to see they took down a tree in Mallory Square where they all would roost at night.
KW wouldn't be the same without those beautiful birds!!!

They are all 1/2 frizzle, the little one is Cuckoo maran as well,

the black at 9:00 is a Isbar mix, the one at 12:00 is a wyandotte mix, and the other blue is an isbar mix.

Back
Top Bottom