BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Lolollllll - two hens available to breeding homes atm, a splash & blue, organic and free range (inside for dark hours only: hunting bugd, putter about with me in the garden, & when doing evening feed at dusk ;) ) Personable to the moon and back & cute as hell.

Splash evem went broody a few weeks ago and protested my broody-saving efforts. ::rolleyes: but came round after 3 days. They also don't destroy your garden like other/the heavier breeds can do (though I have a few of those too that I love, for good measure.) They're just beyond awesome as examples of their breed, and the breed itself is A+++ imo :D not that I'm biased or anything of course :woot

Anyone know if there's any breeders that ship to British Columbia? I'm having a hard time sourcing them in country and don't want to deal with importing. I want to breed them with Svarthonas to get something like these Swedish Blue Hens:

http://www.gracefulchickens.com/swedish-blue-hen/

I think the Swedish Blues are a breed she invented, I can't find them anywhere else and I need them in my life.

Two Texas Isbar!! Bonnie and Clyde
Eggs in the incubator so chicks soon hopefully!!

I have some barnyard mix (barred rock over black australorp and Rhode Island Red) chicks in with my isbars that I hatched altogether. Not smart on my part. Mostly black chicks and possibly 2 or 3 black isbar that I can't pick out. In time, will it be easy to pick out the isbars from my mixed. I didn't even think about it and have all these black and white chicks!

I have some barnyard mix (barred rock over black australorp and Rhode Island Red) chicks in with my isbars that I hatched altogether. Not smart on my part. Mostly black chicks and possibly 2 or 3 black isbar that I can't pick out. In time, will it be easy to pick out the isbars from my mixed. I didn't even think about it and have all these black and white chicks!
Congratulations on your hatch! The pullets will be easy to tell once they start laying - the Silverudd's Blues (Isbars) will lay green eggs and the barnyard mix will lay brown eggs. Any barred birds are barnyard mixes. Other than the barred ones, the cockerels may be difficult to tell. If you post pictures as they grow, we may be able to help you out.

Congratulations on your hatch! The pullets will be easy to tell once they start laying - the Silverudd's Blues (Isbars) will lay green eggs and the barnyard mix will lay brown eggs. Any barred birds are barnyard mixes. Other than the barred ones, the cockerels may be difficult to tell. If you post pictures as they grow, we may be able to help you out.
Thank you

Baby Blue Isbar!

first 3 others are on the way, blue isbar in the middle, 3 more isbar eggs under ma hen, and one moreBCM zipping egg under hen.

Last edited:
Lolollllll - two hens available to breeding homes atm, a splash & blue, organic and free range (inside for dark hours only: hunting bugd, putter about with me in the garden, & when doing evening feed at dusk ;) ) Personable to the moon and back & cute as hell.

Splash evem went broody a few weeks ago and protested my broody-saving efforts. ::rolleyes: but came round after 3 days. They also don't destroy your garden like other/the heavier breeds can do (though I have a few of those too that I love, for good measure.) They're just beyond awesome as examples of their breed, and the breed itself is A+++ imo :D not that I'm biased or anything of course :woot

Where are you located, and are the two hens still available?

Two Texas Isbar!! Bonnie and Clyde
Eggs in the incubator so chicks soon hopefully!!

I'm in Tx, just south of San Antonio. Have you been able to hatch any babies? I might be interested...

Back
Top Bottom