BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Just an update. My Isbars are 16 weeks, and are just about the nicest chickens ever. My roo is so sweet, and is very gentle with the (much younger) youngsters he's penned with. The pullets are terrific, too. I am so impressed with their personalities!

I've loved reading this thread. I'm hoping to get Isbars this weekend, I'm new to the breed but after reading your comments and looking at your beautiful birds, it has cemented my decision! In my research I'd heard they were friendly, mellow birds but have read a few comments on byc that they are very shy?

I've loved reading this thread. I'm hoping to get Isbars this weekend, I'm new to the breed but after reading your comments and looking at your beautiful birds, it has cemented my decision! In my research I'd heard they were friendly, mellow birds but have read a few comments on byc that they are very shy?
Mine aren't shy, but they aren't the most friendly.... You will love them! Please post photos when you get yours. :)

Mine are very nicely tempered... the roo is especially mellow, and is good to his girls. He is very young, and needs a little practice in the "wooing" department, though!

big_smile.png

I just lost my beautiful blue roo this past week... I have no idea what happened. There wasn't a mark on him, and he was just laying on the ground like he went to sleep. I am SO bummed - he was such a nice boy! I need to work on getting a replacement, which is probably going to mean shipped eggs. I would love to know where you all bought your eggs from if you were happy with the quality of the chicks. Thanks for any input!

I just lost my beautiful blue roo this past week... I have no idea what happened. There wasn't a mark on him, and he was just laying on the ground like he went to sleep. I am SO bummed - he was such a nice boy! I need to work on getting a replacement, which is probably going to mean shipped eggs. I would love to know where you all bought your eggs from if you were happy with the quality of the chicks. Thanks for any input!

We are about 3 weeks behind on the Isbars - but could ship somewhere around mid Dec on chicks - no eggs at the moment. :(.

https://www.jordan-farm.com/

Thanks,
Richard

Man I wish you were a lot closer to me, I have an extra blue rooster from The Sheriff's stock hatched out August 30th, no idea what I'm going to do with him! But I have no clue how I would get him to you!

Rinda

You guys are all so wonderful...
hugs.gif

I still haven't worked out a replacement angle. (Sure wish I could steal your boy, Rinda!) Richard, I just might take you up on six chicks. Should I order them off your website, or deal directly with you?

I have a replacement roo shipping out to me tomorrow, all the way from the great state of Texas. He'll be stowing some fertile eggs along in his container, so my little breeding operation should be back on track soon.

To add in some more happy news, I got my first ever Isbar egg today!

It's such a pretty shade of green in person; very different from any of my EEs or OEs. So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom