Blue Laced Barnevelders - Cockerel or Pullet, please help!

Moosli

Hatching
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Sussex, UK
Hello fellow Backyarders,

I've reared 3 Blue-laced Barnevelders from Eggs, and I think one of them has just tried to crow. They are about 15 weeks old now, so I've either got to find new homes or a pot large enough for them. Question is, I don't see much difference between the three of them, can you please help me work out which are male or, more to the point, if there is a female among them at all. Many thanks.

I took a few pics of them together for comparison, and then individually, refer to them from the top down, B1, B2 and B3 for simplicity's sake.

Many thanks for your help.

Marina

I think the one in the 3rd and 4th pictures are roos, but I am very new at this. I think their saddle and hackle feathers look pointy. I hope I am wrong for your sake because I know you want pullets.

I don't have any experience with this breed, but to me all three in question look like cockerels due to the large red combs and wattles and what appear to be sickle feathers in their tails. Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear, hope I'm wrong!

Thanks for your replies, I have a hunch they might all be males too. Though from what pics I find on the web, Barnevelders seem to have large combs and wattles, both on males and females. That is one of the reasons I have such trouble working this conundrum out. :)

the 2 on the left are cockerels and the one on the right looks like a cockerel but i would hold off on getting rid of them for at least another 3=5 weeks to be sure though

900x900px-LL-ef91251b_P1030782.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom