Blue laced red wyandotte growth!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by new2dotties, Mar 18, 2016.

1. lakones

lakones Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Zachary, LA
    Chick 4 either black or dark blue. Still too early to know. I had 2 blacks Roo's last year and it took forever to tell that they were actually black. I would love a black pullet, just didn't need anymore Roo's!!!

2. new2dotties

new2dotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2016
    [​IMG]

A horrible pic but here they are getting bigger! Hanging out while I clean the coop.

Also to add, a lot of comments have reassured me that chick three and chick four are most likely blue not black! That's very cool!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. new2dotties

Feb 28, 2016
    So here are some wattle pics.. I know I know!! They are almost three weeks old. Go ahead and say it!! They all look like Roos!! BUT I REFUSE TO SAY IT YET!! Gah, what do you think?? I will say out of the barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, buff orpington, GLW, and SLW... The BLRW is the toughest to sex!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick two

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick three

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick four

4. new2dotties

Feb 28, 2016
    Chick one already has some nice lacing showing, I'm still fairly convinced she's a she..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. new2dotties

Feb 28, 2016
    [​IMG]
    And chick two is the reason BLRW are amazing!

stephanieshim likes this.
  6. NanaDory

NanaDory Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    Fredericksburg, TX
    Following

7. deemathes

deemathes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2015
    Lillington, NC
    Freaking gorgeous!!! Chick 2 is a stunner!!! Can't help ya on the sexing, I'm struggling here myself, although I think mine is a roo. No tail until late. 5 weeks and small wattles are coming in. Slight pink to the comb. But still, I second guess it!!! :))))

8. deemathes

deemathes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2015
    Lillington, NC
    I know my breeder said the more regular the patterning, the more likely a pullet. I can't WAIT to see how they turn out!!! Please update!! [​IMG]

9. new2dotties

Feb 28, 2016
    Haha thank you. I know, I'm amazed every time I see chick two, I HAD NO IDEA THEY LOOKED LIKE THAT! all of mine have tails and are fairly even on feather development now. Two is just a little slower but those wattles, mostly on three and four are concerning. Oh well, as I said... Not judging yet hehe!

10. khermes1

khermes1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2016
    Do you think Roo Or Pullet?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by