Blue laced red wyandotte not growing

Hi thanks for your reply😊.I got her from a reputable breeder were i live in Texas called Blue ranch. I went to buy some silkies and i saw her.She was the only wyandotte in there with the silkies.She was the last one, so i had to bring her home with me😇.Now shes my hubbys little baby🤗 super spoiled!! she can hold her own with the bigger size chicks,they dont mess with her but if they get in her way of food she gets feisty lol.The silkies who were smaller then her are now twice her size, not to mention the Buff orpingtons i hatched that are 5 days younger then her are now 5 times bigger than her.If its a deformity and she can live a happy life as a small bantam dwarf thats okay with me as long as she stays healthy and happy. All my chickens are pets.Im not trying to breed them or eat them. They are my babys and super spoiled😊.I hope that your babys make it too.Hope someone has a chicken like this that has made it to adulthood or that knows more about this and could give us some answers🤔

I totally agree, I'm not looking to breed mine either. All of mine are pets as well! 😃 I just worry because I lost a few in the early days. But they still seem very fiesty! As I'm learning Wyandottes are known for being. Good luck with your baby! Maybe update in a few weeks? I'm curious to see the progress!!

I totally agree, I'm not looking to breed mine either. All of mine are pets as well! 😃 I just worry because I lost a few in the early days. But they still seem very fiesty! As I'm learning Wyandottes are known for being. Good luck with your baby! Maybe update in a few weeks? I'm curious to see the progress!!
For sure! I will update!😊👍

We have two roosters. One was a runt and is almost the same size as the bigger one now. They’re about nine to ten weeks: I would keep an eye on the other chicks and make sure they don’t pick on her/him.

I am new to chickens but I would think that even though she’s small, being raised alongside the others (from birth), ...possibly they wouldn’t bother her. My guess is she’ll be fine. Especially if she’s standing up for herself already. With mine, they seem to form a bond and group together and look out for one another. I have an Orpington rooster that waits at the base of the coop ladder each night until every one gets inside. And if one goes missing for a little bit I gave one that will seem to walk the perimeter of the fence calling out the whole time.

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
Shes doing great ive been giving her hard boild eggs every other day.I think that helped alot and now shes almost as big as the others her fethers came in nicely zo she is now fully feathered.Shes a happy little chicken 👍🙂
For sure! I will update!😊👍
UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
Shes doing great ive been giving her hard boild eggs every other day.I think that helped alot and now shes almost as big as the others her fethers came in nicely so she is now fully feathered.Shes a happy little chicken 👍🙂

Attachments

• 20200701_182307.jpg
    20200701_182307.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200701_182303.jpg
    20200701_182303.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200701_182252.jpg
    20200701_182252.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200701_182244.jpg
    20200701_182244.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 3
UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
Shes doing great ive been giving her hard boild eggs every other day.I think that helped alot and now shes almost as big as the others her fethers came in nicely zo she is now fully feathered.Shes a happy little chicken 👍🙂

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
Shes doing great ive been giving her hard boild eggs every other day.I think that helped alot and now shes almost as big as the others her fethers came in nicely so she is now fully feathered.Shes a happy little chicken 👍🙂
She is adorable.🥰

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
Great news. I’m happy she’s doing well.

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:

UPDATE ON PRETTY BIRD:
I can’t thank you enough for your update on pretty bird and your tip on boiled eggs. I have a silver laced wyandotte who is almost 2 weeks and isn’t growing. I was beside myself with worry about failure to thrive or just growing up to stay a dwarf. She’s eating , drinking and playing but just tiny. I will give this egg thing a try. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom