Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I like parts of the structure of this male..he is wide. I really like that. If he is young he might even get deeper. (He is not quite deep enough) They can take up to 2 years to mature. I like the color of his legs. He could not be used with your hens. You would end up with all brassy chicks. The one splash is too light to begin with. Cross beak should never be bred..ever. You do not know if it is from an injury or not, cross beak has been bred into many lines of BLRW. Having in your lines will always be in your lines even if you do not see it, it will be there. You might..and that is a strong might. Keep him for another year and see how he looks..if his conformation looks great..get some black hens. My opinion, and that is just an opinion...I would find it would be financially in your best interest to purchase a mature rooster who is breeding quality. It cost the same to feed a bad quality bird as it does a good one. Feeding out your rooster for a year just to see...is expensive. Right now on the rare bird auction is a breeder pair for a reasonable price. They are beautiful. I suggest people to go take a look. There are actually two breeder pair..one is good..one is not. Find the good one. The rooster is gorgeous.
delisha how do I get to the "rare bird auction"? :th

Wow, that was severe. Poor chickens, that looks terrible. Definitely think I could spot one if those.
We had a cross beak chicken. She was the sweetest thing, but very needy. We had to feed her in deep dishes so she could scoop up her food. She could not pick up anything straight off the ground. She died at 8 months old. There are stories about people tube feeding them to keep them alive. We just decided to let her live as long as she could without those kinds of measures. She was one of my husbands favorite chicken. Cross beak can be genetic, caused by malnutrition of parents or illness (lack of vitamin D).

My 7wk old blrw is getting red to the comb and wattle area, is this about the right age for transforming into a roo? Also seems to have some red in the tail feathers?

Back
Top Bottom