Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ilovemydog, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    To young to know, they have a few moults to go through before you can tell (usually around 6 months).

2. Well I'm glad I asked. The boys are 15 weeks old.

3. daesee

daesee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2012
    San Francisco Bay Area
    [​IMG]
    just hatched from shipped eggs under my broody. "Mom" is a slw, but these are my first blrw. I was hoping for blue or black, but not necessarily splash. Any consensus on whether I got my wish? (the one on the right looks a tad lighter). Also, is the speckling on two of their heads normal marking?

4. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    In can't see the one on the right real well, but the others look like blues for sure.

5. daesee

daesee Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2012
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Thanks! One on the right looks just like the middle one, but with lighter down on her belly. Now, if they were just all three pullets I'd be set!

6. fowlmouthgirls

fowlmouthgirls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    East of Dallas
    My BLRW was grey and yellow, and she's turning different colors now that she's almost 3 weeks old. It's strange how different the chicks can look!

7. heirloomorps

heirloomorps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    I would say you got your wish. :)

8. mhamilton

mhamilton Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Idaho
    I have 8 other breed chicks with 4 blue laced reds, so I have something to compare to, these chicks change every day. It's amazing. Their range of colors and individual colors on each bird are so beautiful, and unique. My other breeds are cool too, but, wow . WOW. Blrw are the best breed for variety within one breed,with out having mixes.

9. pebcrb

pebcrb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2013
    grays harbor, wa
    I got hooked on blrw I was only gonna have 2 chickens and chicken math has gotten me lol I had to have one blue, one black, and one splash :)

10. newtwinmom

newtwinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2012
    East Texas
    But your still thinking roo?

What about this one?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by