Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

The two that you think are SLW have the red tones - I have two SLWs also and they don't have the red. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

The two that you think are SLW have the red tones - I have two SLWs also and they don't have the red. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Mine came from one of the top breeders in the country and they have red on them at hatch. I don't know why but they do. I am not saying they are not some crosses but that is common.

Here is one of our slw. Younger. But you can see the red in the head. Of coarse it was the only one. And a cockeral!

In other news, my lone BLRW pullet laid her first egg yesterday! she is 23 weeks old, just shy of 6 mos. I had prepared for a long wait, some folks say Wyandottes are slower to mature, laying around 7-8 months old? So this was a pleasant surprise! now if she would just learn where the nest box is ;)

Thanks so cool. Congrats

well, I have 2 slw and 2 blrw from Donna, crossing fingers for all girls.

wink.png

also picked up a couple blrw pullets at a swap today, but it'll be a while before I see how they're maturing. the adults he had were all kind of orangey, but the chicks looked darker red. got 2 pale blues and 1 dark blue...
fl.gif
fl.gif

These are the two SLW that I got from Townline (the two in the middle of the group of mixed girls). They did not have any red at all. Guess I'll have to wait and see on the ones I got and what the one with green legs ends up looking like.

Just wanted to pop in and give CHICKENHILL the
thumbsup.gif
. My girlfriend & I just received our combined order of SLW, BLRW, and 3 different color Orps. ! All arrived in NY happy & healthy !

This was our 2nd order from Chickenhill, our 1st group of chicks are about 7 wks old now.

Very, very happy with the chicks and Chickenhill is a pleasure to do business with.
clap.gif
clap.gif

whoa, thank you! that is really encouraging to hear :)
I have a "male" that I am wondering if it could actually be female. very large pink comb and wattles. but not getting any of the shiny feathering in on the back or wings like the other boys are starting to have. only time will tell. where is my patience? (I have none!) grow my little chicklets!!!
wee.gif
I'll be looking for your update =)

Back
Top Bottom