Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I bought my eggs from slackwater on backyard chickens . 2 of 7 hatched but they did travel from Maine to Wa state do they litterally crossd the country. They were packaged very well.

Ok Wyandotte experts… I need some more help. These two are concerning me. The slash has a wide comb and the black has a very large reddish comb. Are they roosters? almost 5 weeks old now.

well, I'm totally bummed out now… Ordered 8 FEMALE BLRWs and 1 DOA, 3 Roosters, and 3 black hens, 1 blue… Meyer Claimed to be 90% accurate on the sexing… WRONG! Might as well have just ordered straight run.

I can't believe my luck. Now i need to find homes for the roosters and didn't get to add the quantity I was looking for.

well, I'm totally bummed out now… Ordered 8 FEMALE BLRWs and 1 DOA, 3 Roosters, and 3 black hens, 1 blue… Meyer Claimed to be 90% accurate on the sexing… WRONG! Might as well have just ordered straight run.

I can't believe my luck. Now i need to find homes for the roosters and didn't get to add the quantity I was looking for.

Wyandottes are tricky to sex at that age. Wait 2-3 more weeks to be sure before you sell any. I really think that 6-8 weeks is a better time to make that call. I think the splash in your photos is likely female. I could be wrong... But it's certainly not screaming rooster to me. I hope you have more females than you think. :)

Back
Top Bottom