Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hello, I am new to this thread.
I am loving these beautiful chickens!! I have a hen who just went broody today for the first time and I am dying to put some eggs under her. Can anyone here recommend someone who might sell some hatching eggs of these fabulous beauties???
jumpy.gif

Don't get them from Lancaster Fancy Fowl.... I still have nightmares.

Nice enough ppl. Shipping eggs is not their thing. I managed to salvage about 8 out of 3 doz. The ones that hatched were a bit of a mess. They convinced me to drive 4hrs one way as they had just received a new line and sold me on the fact they were going to replace the 3doz and give me an additional 2-3doz for taking the drive. Once we arrived we were immediately attended to and were promptly given 3 doz eggs and a have a nice day hand shake. out of the car all of 6-8min and 4hrs back home. No tour or look around or anything. We even brought disinfected shoes with us.
The new line did feather in nice mostly.

If you really want nice birds pony up the cash to Foleys Water Fowl or someone who is breeding with more attention.

Nice enough ppl. Shipping eggs is not their thing. I managed to salvage about 8 out of 3 doz. The ones that hatched were a bit of a mess. They convinced me to drive 4hrs one way as they had just received a new line and sold me on the fact they were going to replace the 3doz and give me an additional 2-3doz for taking the drive. Once we arrived we were immediately attended to and were promptly given 3 doz eggs and a have a nice day hand shake. out of the car all of 6-8min and 4hrs back home. No tour or look around or anything. We even brought disinfected shoes with us.
The new line did feather in nice mostly.

If you really want nice birds pony up the cash to Foleys Water Fowl or someone who is breeding with more attention.

They don't sell hatching eggs, sadly.

I'm brand new in BLR's and, like many people, didn't probably do enough research before buying. But I found a local breeder who i thought had pretty birds so I bought 20 chicks from him. I got some pretty blues, some blacks, and some splashes. I also got two "orange" pullets that don't appear to have any lacing at all on them. I know that the orange is not what I want to breed but I"m curious as to whats going on with the lack of lacing. These chicks are about 2 1/2 months old. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi folks!
It's been a while since I posted, just been lurking and reading.

I am looking for some Splash or Blue BLR Wyn. large fowl chicks or eggs for sale. I can't have a ton, so ordering is out, as most make you order 25min. or they don't have them, or they only have blacks. Anyone have any for sale near upper east TN?

I bought a very nice Roo a couple years ago from a BYC member (DMRippy) and he is so great. We named him Titan since we drove to Nashville to get him and a couple chicks. They turned out to be a male/female and are very nice birds. I have a splash female, but she doesn't produce much and is getting older. I am getting some really nice blacks tho. I would like to get a couple splash girls to go in this group to perhaps get some blue babies.

I have 2 roo's and a group of 4 hens in there right now. But mostly all I get is black. I would like to get more of the other colors. So if anyone has babies for sale or eggs they will part with, please let me know.

Thanks a million!
smile.png

I'm brand new in BLR's and, like many people, didn't probably do enough research before buying. But I found a local breeder who i thought had pretty birds so I bought 20 chicks from him. I got some pretty blues, some blacks, and some splashes. I also got two "orange" pullets that don't appear to have any lacing at all on them. I know that the orange is not what I want to breed but I"m curious as to whats going on with the lack of lacing. These chicks are about 2 1/2 months old. Any thoughts anyone?
Hi and :welcome Incomplete lacing happens . The best thing to do is not to use them as breeders. Just keep your best birds for breeding. The others will make for pretty layers. :)

Hi folks!
It's been a while since I posted, just been lurking and reading. 

I am looking for some Splash or Blue  BLR Wyn. large fowl chicks or eggs for sale. I can't have a ton, so ordering is out, as most make you order 25min. or they don't have them, or they only have blacks. Anyone have any for sale near upper east TN? 

I bought a very nice Roo a couple years ago from a BYC member (DMRippy) and he is so great. We named him Titan since we drove to Nashville to get him and a couple chicks. They turned out to be a male/female and are very nice birds. I have a splash female, but she doesn't produce much and is getting older. I am getting some really nice blacks tho. I would like to get a couple splash girls to go in this group to perhaps get some blue babies. 

I have 2 roo's and a group of 4 hens in there right now. But mostly all I get is black. I would like to get more of the other colors. So if anyone has babies for sale or eggs they will part with, please let me know. 

Thanks a million! :)  

If you are ever down near Chattanooga send me a message. I have a splash rooster so all of my chicks will be either blue or splash. I'm keeping all the chicks out of the next few batches but I'll probably sell chicks in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom