Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Thanks! He's more handsome in real life than the picture. I live in northern middle  Tn. and don't know where to get any BLRW eggs.
A very nice lady gave me Fabio but I've not been able to find him any girl friends. I sure would like to raise some little baby BLRWs.:cd  

I'm in middle TN too and don't currently have this breed, but would like too! let me know if you ever start breeding these! very handsome!

Wow a little rude don't you think?! She says foley hen and rooster because that's who she bough them from. People will know where they came from before, as in they are from a show quality line. @Farmer Viola

I now have some blrw hens and have hatched three bunches of their eggs. I'm sold out at the present time, but I have 89 eggs in the incubator. I'll be glad to put your name on my list just p.m. me. I sell straight run on a first come first serve basis for $6 each and eggs are $25 a dozen. I only sell local pickup I do not ship.
jumpy.gif

Who said any thing about Foley birds "NOT ME"!
idunno.gif
My birds came from Ky. but not from him. He sure does have some pretty blrws.
droolin.gif

Dynamite Hollow Poultry;

Here is an updated shot of Beatrice, formerly known as Bucky. lol. I was so sure she was a cockerel. No tail until late, very slow feather development, comb was pink from the get go as were the wattles. She was a few weeks when they grew and reddened to the size they are now, but they stopped right there and that is that. She is now 12 weeks old.

I bought them directly from Foley last June. I have the receipt. I just wanted folks to know whom their breeder is as I also breed BLRW and these are not from mine.

Christine.

I bought them directly from Foley last June. I have the receipt. I just wanted folks to know whom their breeder is as I also breed BLRW and these are not from mine.

Christine.

I think where she was coming from was that many obtain birds from a great source and once breeding happens, the offspring are no longer Foley birds, but a result of someone with less expertise than him in some cases. also, there are many out there who buy from people who have purchased from him at some point but have been breeding their own agenda and re-selling, all continuing to call Foley birds. it was expressed in a much more agressive tone though. As you stated however, these are 1st generation direct from Foley, so hence they actually ARE Foley birds.

Last edited:
@BlackwoodHollow I woke up this morning to 9 chicks hatched! I had to give three a warm rinse (sticky). But they're really nice chicks! I can't wait until they fluff out and I can get their mug shots on here
smile.png

I wish I knew what I was doing that's making my chicks come out sticky-which dries like cement.. the ones that hatched last were the cemented ones. The other 6 were fine.
I am super happy with the hatch, thanks again
smile.png
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm so glad you had a good hatch! I wish I knew enough to help you with your sticky chicks. I'll let you know if I learn anything.
Again, congrats!!
highfive.gif

@BlackwoodHollow I woke up this morning to 9 chicks hatched! I had to give three a warm rinse (sticky). But they're really nice chicks! I can't wait until they fluff out and I can get their mug shots on here :)
I wish I knew what I was doing that's making my chicks come out sticky-which dries like cement.. the ones that hatched last were the cemented ones. The other 6 were fine.
I am super happy with the hatch, thanks again :)

I would recalibrate the incubator, sounds like a humidity or temp issue. :)

Back
Top Bottom