Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

What is the quality of my splash hen. Just curious what everyone's opinion is. If you click the pictures they enlarge.

Last edited:
My chicks (3) weeks old are more of a yellow down with a blue tint. They have red and blue barring on their new wing feathers and hackles. The gentleman I purchased them from has a multitude of show winners but I gave never had any blue laced I have gotten some very nice gold laced and nice bcm but he had these and I bought 8. Does this seem like what a blrw schlick should look like. All the pics on here they seem to be a dark colored or rusty looking. ?? I would appreciate the help. I haven't figured how to post pics. Thanks

What is the quality of my splash hen. Just curious what everyone's opinion is. If you click the pictures they enlarge.

She is lacking the dark red color that BLRW should have, she has feather shafting and she is lacking the Wyandotte shape. Her lacing is pretty narrow to none existent on her breast.

She is still nice yard candy.... just not breeder quality.

Your bird is a splash laced red just like my pullet. She came from Jerry Foley

My critique of her is I would like to see more lacing further back to her tail and under her wing, not sure she has a great wyandotte shape yet either, but I can work with her since the roo is so nice. I would expect since she in now paired with a black roo the lacing will improve in her chicks.... we will see.

She is a nice pet
My chicks (3) weeks old are more of a yellow down with a blue tint. They have red and blue barring on their new wing feathers and hackles. The gentleman I purchased them from has a multitude of show winners but I gave never had any blue laced I have gotten some very nice gold laced and nice bcm but he had these and I bought 8. Does this seem like what a blrw schlick should look like. All the pics on here they seem to be a dark colored or rusty looking. ?? I would appreciate the help. I haven't figured how to post pics. Thanks
Deep Mahogany color is the correct color. BLRW are not gold. To upload a picture, click the upload box (insert image box) it is the 5th one to your left of your smiley.
smile.png

Quote: Nice wide lacing!

Last edited:
DMRippy, can you show us a pic of your roo? There's only a hint of him in that pic and I'd love to see the rest of him!
Sure.... I have another one that she is with now (a Black Laced Red from Foley too). I don't have pictures of him though. I need to get some newer pictures of him that was several months ago and he is still filling out.

This is his dad. Jerry Foley's Breeder Roo I bought last fall. They look so much alike I have no doubt he was his sire.

I'm wondering what you think of Dude. In these pictures he is only 10 months old, still has some filling out to do. I wish he had a higher wing carriage and a better comb. I would also like to see more width on the tail feathers. Sorry for the messy greenhouse pictures, didn't feel like chasing him around in the rain. What am I missing when I look at him?

Last edited:
I'm wondering what you think of Dude. In these pictures he is only 10 months old, still has some filling out to do. I wish he had a higher wing carriage and a better comb. I would also like to see more width on the tail feathers. Sorry for the messy greenhouse pictures, didn't feel like chasing him around in the rain. What am I missing when I look at him?

Chest...Even at 10 months his chest should be a little fuller and round, not split. Think bowling ball. Not sure of your camera..he looks brassy and not Mahogany. I agree with your other assessments. Comb and wings. His tail and rear will be narrow because of chest.

This is about the most accurate colored picture I've got of him, then again we all have different settings on our equipment, so who knows. I do have pullets that are brassy to me, oh well, they still lay anyway.

Back
Top Bottom