Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I;m no good at sexing this young. But, what I have seen with my own BLRW's is that the bolder chicks usually turn out to be roos
This chick I thought would be black, it's looking blue now! Any gender guess's?

My splash, I have been thinking a rooster all along because of how it acts

And the last one

Their hatch date is around June 8

This chick I thought would be black, it's looking blue now! Any gender guess's?

My splash, I have been thinking a rooster all along because of how it acts

And the last one

Their hatch date is around June 8

girl, boy, boy.

Wow!! Very nice!
droolin.gif
If you get tired of them let me know and I'll drive over an pick them up! Who's the breeder?
Very nice-are they Foley's 2013 line?
I think they're beautiful too, but I'm biased! :). The group came from Jerry Foley last fall. I have been hatching out beautiful chicks every week and have actually sold them all to recover some of my crazy poultry expenditures over the last year. I'm setting a clutch tonight to keep though! I have a couple pics on my phone. I haven't replaced my stolen camera, so this is as good as it gets until I get off my rear and buy a new one. This is when he was younger and hadn't filled out yet.
More recent

I think they're beautiful too, but I'm biased!
smile.png
. The group came from Jerry Foley last fall. I have been hatching out beautiful chicks every week and have actually sold them all to recover some of my crazy poultry expenditures over the last year. I'm setting a clutch tonight to keep though!

I have a couple pics on my phone. I haven't replaced my stolen camera, so this is as good as it gets until I get off my rear and buy a new one.

This is when he was younger and hadn't filled out yet.

More recent

Excellent! Gives me high hopes for my Foley chicks...

guess what I found today!!!

someone i'd sold some sfh chicks to messaged me that one didn't look like a swede... what could it be? I told him the list of what had hatched. he said it had a pea comb, so we guessed it was the dark Cornish. today he sent me a pic of that chick...

so that's the 3rd son I have pics of. LOL

Last edited:
Wow! I love the pics here! I recently acquired 6 hatching eggs from a breeder up here in Canada. I had a hen go unexpectedly broody on me. (No rooster) I was picking up call ducks when I relayed my story to the breeder. She had lots of birds, but only had 2 breeds available as hatching eggs. I had a choice between Ameraucanas & BLRW. So now my broody hen is happy with her eggs, instead of wooden ones! Due to hatch in 9 days! I hope they look as beautiful as the ones on this thread!

guess what I found today!!!

someone i'd sold some sfh chicks to messaged me that one didn't look like a swede... what could it be? I told him the list of what had hatched. he said it had a pea comb, so we guessed it was the dark Cornish. today he sent me a pic of that chick...

so that's the 3rd son I have pics of. LOL
lol..and he is a cute cockerel to boot
Wow! I love the pics here! I recently acquired 6 hatching eggs from a breeder up here in Canada. I had a hen go unexpectedly broody on me. (No rooster) I was picking up call ducks when I relayed my story to the breeder. She had lots of birds, but only had 2 breeds available as hatching eggs. I had a choice between Ameraucanas & BLRW. So now my broody hen is happy with her eggs, instead of wooden ones! Due to hatch in 9 days! I hope they look as beautiful as the ones on this thread!
How exciting for you..you will have to keep us posted on how it goes and take pictures.

guess what I found today!!! someone i'd sold some sfh chicks to messaged me that one didn't look like a swede... what could it be? I told him the list of what had hatched. he said it had a pea comb, so we guessed it was the dark Cornish. today he sent me a pic of that chick... so that's the 3rd son I have pics of. LOL
He's a cutie! I just love when people who get chicks from me send pics as they grow. Makes me feel like a proud grandma lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom