Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

How big is your bator?
Quote:
small..lol..43 eggs and that is fine with me. I have those 40 chicks in the house for a month or two..I know i will fill it back up again when they all hatch. I am working on insulating a small area in my coop to put chicks..I need to get busy..40 chicks take more room than I am thinking when they are 4 weeks old.

small..lol..43 eggs and that is fine with me. I have those 40 chicks in the house for a month or two..I know i will fill it back up again when they all hatch. I am working on insulating a small area in my coop to put chicks..I need to get busy..40 chicks take more room than I am thinking when they are 4 weeks old.

Quote: small..lol..43 eggs and that is fine with me. I have those 40 chicks in the house for a month or two..I know i will fill it back up again when they all hatch. I am working on insulating a small area in my coop to put chicks..I need to get busy..40 chicks take more room than I am thinking when they are 4 weeks old.
yup. been there done that. LOL I've got somewhere around 25 chicks in the house currently, about 20 of them are ready to go outside, so I need to finish my outside pens for them ASAP since I have another 60 or so eggs set right now, that'll be hatching over the next 2 weeks. LOL

I have 3 hovabators I use for incubating... one is still empty. and a 4th for hatching, so I can rotate hatches. I try to keep it once a week, but if I have orders for chicks I can do up to once every 4-5 days...

Last edited:
He still has growing to do. But here's the best ones I could get. He even stuck a pose for me.
note the lacing on the saddle... and no these photos was not edited.. The tail looks like it was painted. Lol I love it.

He is beautiful :love

Back
Top Bottom