Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Also it's either or. You have a line for males or one for females. You can't have one line that crosses both with both sexs having good outcomes.. pullet breeders are a trick to boost the quality of your females faster.

Also it's either or. You have a line for males or one for females. You can't have one line that crosses both with both sexs having good outcomes.. pullet breeders are a trick to boost the quality of your females faster.

I disagree... you CAN have a line that produces both, but it would require a lot more time and effort to develop it. most people want the quick and easy method.

Sorry , It sounds a bit off, I was rushing to finish before my work break ended.. let me clarify what I meant..

I didn't mean you can only have one or the other and not produce good offspring. But having one line like a pulled line can focus in and fix and boost some traits needed in the breeding program. And same with the other. But with a pullet line, the cockerals are marked different and I do if that could be a problem at shows.
I think the male line females are more smutty and can have various faults in lacing.

And by not getting a good outcome with breeding the two didn't mean they wouldn't produce good offspring. But from what I read ( and I can't find it to verify it) is that the breeders I talked to have tried to find a happy medium to produce birds in one line as good as having a separate lines.

Not saying they are bad or wouldn't have SQ birds. But I don't know any of this 100% and my memory's a little off. I do not have actual facts. Just sharing from what I remembered about the conversation and what I have seen .

I am currently in process of making an a article type deal to show differences and actual facts of the two lines and might take a bit, because I will talk to separate breeders and try to find what they meant and get visuals and hope to have pictures of both lines and what they produce and the benefits and disadvantages. So on and so forth.

I hope I didn't come off as being a know it all or anything. Because obviously I do not have my facts straight and I am an entire newb to all of this.

Sorry , It sounds a bit off, I was rushing to finish before my work break ended.. let me clarify what I meant..

I didn't mean you can only have one or the other and not produce good offspring. But having one line like a pulled line can focus in and fix and boost some traits needed in the breeding program. And same with the other. But with a pullet line, the cockerals are marked different and I do if that could be a problem at shows.
I think the male line females are more smutty and can have various faults in lacing.

And by not getting a good outcome with breeding the two didn't mean they wouldn't produce good offspring. But from what I read ( and I can't find it to verify it) is that the breeders I talked to have tried to find a happy medium to produce birds in one line as good as having a separate lines.

Not saying they are bad or wouldn't have SQ birds. But I don't know any of this 100% and my memory's a little off. I do not have actual facts. Just sharing from what I remembered about the conversation and what I have seen .

I am currently in process of making an a article type deal to show differences and actual facts of the two lines and might take a bit, because I will talk to separate breeders and try to find what they meant and get visuals and hope to have pictures of both lines and what they produce and the benefits and disadvantages. So on and so forth.

I hope I didn't come off as being a know it all or anything. Because obviously I do not have my facts straight and I am an entire newb to all of this.
That article will be very interesting to me..I have little to no knowledge about what others do for each line. Please let me know when you gather your information. I hope you share it. Thank you.

I have contacted several breeders and some people I know that are pretty knowledgeable about poultry genetics. Waiting on their replies .

I will open my website when a it's finished.

And I am not very knowledgeable of the subject either.. just know what to look for and some of the background how to produce them.

Anyway. I have a question for you BLRW breede4s.. what color would you breed to the BLRW when you want to improve type?
What is easier to breed back to the BLRW pattern? I have heard of other varieties being crossed to have better type but the blrw.

I have contacted several breeders and some people I know that are pretty knowledgeable about poultry genetics. Waiting on their replies .

And I am not very knowledgeable of the subject either.. just know what to look for and some of the background how to produce them.

Anyway. I have a question for you BLRW breede4s.. what color would you breed to the BLRW when you want to improve type?
What is easier to breed back to the BLRW pattern? I have heard of other varieties being crossed to have better type but the blrw.
OK..please take this in the mode it is given..just my opinion and nothing more..just my experience with chickens..
This variety does need help with type. The color has been worked on and we have good color. We now need size...invest in a huge male (BLRW) that has type and use hens with good color.
Than breed and cull..keep the best and eat the rest for a few years.

I have a huge male..he has a horrible comb..I am using him any way..I probably should not..but he has size..good size and type. He weights 9lbs so he is a good start for me..now I need size on my hens..
they are small..6-7lb..way too small..my Silver Laced females make my BLR hens look like baby's.

I would not go out to a different color..unless I could not find one or make one. Than I would use a Huge GL...but it would have to be huge..for me to even think about it.

I would not cross anything in these birds either. My birds are BIG birds. You just need to breed and cull for what you are looking for.

I am not crossing anything. Just curious. I know some breeders will cross to another well typed bird when they want a big jump in type.

The birds I do have are not that bad. I was just curious as I have been hearing about breeders crossing to get good type. But then again... it's Wyandotte bantam mostly

Back
Top Bottom