Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I hope everyone had an awesome Monday. The chicks I got from Max are growing very nice and of course they do what chicks do. And that is melt your heart acting their age. Its so awesome to be able to learn from all of you. God bless everyone.

honestly, she is already too light (orange not red) IMO to NOT breed to a good blrw. if you want to work on gold laced then by all means breed her to a gold laced roo, but you won't have any with the deep mahogany red needed.

maybe you can work a deal with someone to get a nice dark red boy to work with. a black laced deep mahogany would pair nicely with her *if he's got good type too* and produce all blue laced offspring.
Thanks, for the advice. It sounds like you know your genetics of the wyandotte breed. Do you care if i PM you and ask you some questions when i get my roosters. I now have a blue hen, this BLR hen, some SL and GL hens and a GL rooster. I think wyandottes are my new breeding project.

Thanks to everyone for posting pictures of their BLR birds. These birds are just straight stunning. I recently bought a BLR hen from a friend. He has no roo to compliment or breed to her. She is fairly light in color but I still think she is gorgeous. I live in the central valley of california. Winton to be exact. Is there anyone that is close to the central valley that might have a spare rooster for sale? If you or anyone you know might have a BLR rooster for sale let me know.
now that you have a BLRW, of course you will want more!
Heidi at Union Hill Ranch is on BYC and is very close to you. I believe she has some Foley stock.
There are likely to be others as well.
Meanwhile, Phage or luvinbluechickens are both on BYC, located in San Diego and they may be able to ship chicks.

Finally, we are starting to really get a lot more eggs! It was 65 today...it will drop to 13 tomorrow night-but it felt great. Next hatch looks good-see how we do! We're going to hatch all year, so we should have chicks for sale all season-depending on how the girls do in the heat of summer.

it was awesome today! 75 out and in! I had all the doors and windows open for the first time since November!

3 of delisha's babies in the brooder, 2 of my own growing up outside. and crossing fingers I find some in May when we go to Gilmanor (huge swap)...

Breeding question: I'll give a little history/story first. I purchased 6+ silver laced bantam eggs with hope of getting a few chicks. It looks like I might get one. I have full sized chicks coming soon. Can I breed a bantam to a full size and work my way down in size to make my own bantams?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Breeding question:  I'll give a little history/story first. I purchased 6+ silver laced bantam eggs with hope of getting a few chicks. It looks like I might get one. I have full sized chicks coming soon. Can I breed a bantam to a full size and work my way down in size to make my own bantams?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
You can breed down, but it's way easier to buy bantams. It would probably take a few generations/ years to get them down to size. IMO

You can breed down, but it's way easier to buy bantams. It would probably take a few generations/ years to get them down to size. IMO
True it would be easier to just buy bantams. however I am having a next to impossible time finding SL bantam chicks. The guy I got the eggs from only sells eggs. I've found hatchery chicks but I don't want to mess with that. I'm willing to put the time into a project.

Side note: I didn't realize I was on the blue laced thread, I thought I was on the Wyandotte thread, sorry for hijacking.

Back
Top Bottom