Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

They need to have yellow legs-which is the problem-most do not since they have been bred with too many other breeds to improve type. It's taken us 2 years just to selectively breed to get the color yellow in the entire foot.

most of the blrw chicks I've had started out with darker legs. that seems to be normal. the ones I just got int he mail are the same way.

They need to have yellow legs-which is the problem-most do not since they have been bred with too many other breeds to improve type. It's taken us 2 years just to selectively breed to get the color yellow in the entire foot.

I know the ones I got from you. Don't have all yellow feet, I was wondering about that. I hope to hatch lots of babies next spring. I'll work on them too!

I spent some time trying to take photos of the ones I think are pullets today, then my camera battery died!
some of the pictures are not the best, but I tried...

I think these are my females. last time I posted pics they were all males. now, even the females have some pink coming in their faces, but less developed comb and wattles.
its sort of a surprising amount of pink, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure they're girls though...?
9 weeks

black blrw female

blue & splash female

splash up close

male face for comparison

male

what do you think? have you ever seen females with such pink at 9wk?

Last edited:
most of the blrw chicks I've had started out with darker legs. that seems to be normal. the ones I just got int he mail are the same way.
This is good to hear. I just hatched some BLRW from a new source, the chicks are just about 2 weeks old and the legs are not quite as yellow as I'd like. Crossing my fingers that they'll change.

I spent some time trying to take photos of the ones I think are pullets today, then my camera battery died!
some of the pictures are not the best, but I tried...

I think these are my females. last time I posted pics they were all males. now, even the females have some pink coming in their faces, but less developed comb and wattles.
its sort of a surprising amount of pink, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure they're girls though...?
9 weeks

black blrw female

blue & splash female

same 2 from the side

splash up close

male face for comparison

male

what do you think? have you ever seen females with such pink at 9wk?
what do you think? I think what you think

have you ever seen females with such pink at 9wk? YEP...

Back
Top Bottom