Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

My chicks from Chickenhill ship out on Monday, can hardly wait to get them.
celebrate.gif

I have been looking through pictures on this thread, and most of the chicks have stripes. Mine have the very faintest, almost completely invisible stripes.

What does that mean color wise? Very dark chicks with no stripes?

One of my eight chicks has a creamy yellowy belly, but still a dark top, but I guess that means that one will be a splash?

It was very difficult to take good pictures, the room they are in is a bit dim, and then the red heat lamp, etc.

Anyway, these two pictures came out the clearest.

I have been looking through pictures on this thread, and most of the chicks have stripes. Mine have the very faintest, almost completely invisible stripes.

What does that mean color wise? Very dark chicks with no stripes?

One of my eight chicks has a creamy yellowy belly, but still a dark top, but I guess that means that one will be a splash?

It was very difficult to take good pictures, the room they are in is a bit dim, and then the red heat lamp, etc.

Anyway, these two pictures came out the clearest.

The 'dottes have started hatching and I got a splash!....i think i might secretly like the splash better than the blue..!
1f609.png

I'm with you. I love my splash babies.
Mine came out a lot darker than I was expecting. I thought they'd be white. I'm really happy with how they look.
I'm going to try and breed them darker and darker blue in hopes of accomplishing something more similar to a regular blue that breeds true.

Wandered around with my camera yesterday and took some photos of my newest BLRW girls. These 3 pullets (2 splash, 1 blue) are about 6 months old, from a hatch I did last Dec. One of the splash girls has a blue zip tie on her leg to tell them apart. It was a hot day, hence the droopy wings. Going to be even hotter today.

Back
Top Bottom