Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Well maybe in the next month or so I will move all the BLRW outside.... when they slow down laying. I moved the SLW and they stopped. I need to hatch a good amount of chicks since I am using a black roo over blues. Black will be fine since I have a nice big splash cockerel but I want to have plenty of blues to use too.

I am just happy to finally get a good number of eggs since I didn't get many chicks for me in the spring.... I need to make up some ground.

My BLRW named "Blue".
big_smile.png

Very handsome! I'm new to BLRW so I don't know breeding quality vs. pet quality. But I know a pretty bird when I see one
smile.png
Thank you! I don't either... But he is definitely a beautiful and wonderful pet! :) I am curious to know about his quality, though. I know his legs should be more yellow. I don't do shows, but would be interested in breeding for our own purposes.

Very handsome! I'm new to BLRW so I don't know breeding quality vs. pet quality. But I know a pretty bird when I see one :)

Thank you!  I don't either...  But he is definitely a beautiful and wonderful pet!  :)  I am curious to know about his quality, though.  I know his legs should be more yellow.  I don't do shows, but would be interested in breeding for our own purposes.  

Yea that's why I got mine. Just to have some beautiful colorful chickens around. I'd like to hatch some eggs too!

Hatched these girls,and im hoping some are keepers! Any comments welcomed.

That would depend on what you are looking to keep. Boys/girls? Show/breed quality?

I like the first picture.

The second looks like a pair of black laced, boy and girl.

Does that girl in the 3rd picture have any blue on her? Hard to see in the picture.

Last edited:

Hi all! I recently got a quad of BLRW. I'm loving them so far. My rooster is the friendliest of the bunch and is often the one who hangs out by me and let's me pet him. Here's a couple pics. They're not that great but I thought I'd post them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom