Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

This is what our fertile eggs look like. I hope that is cloudy because of my phone, and not because it got frozen during the loss.
Hopensome hatch for you!!

Hi! I have a BLR Wyandotte rooster, but no hens. I am wondering if I breed him with an ameraucana, will that give me Easter eggers? Currently my flock of ladies has buff orpingtons, RIR bantams, black copper maran, ameraucana, leghorn ans RIR's.

Hi! I have a BLR Wyandotte rooster, but no hens. I am wondering if I breed him with an ameraucana, will that give me Easter eggers? Currently my flock of ladies has buff orpingtons, RIR bantams, black copper maran, ameraucana, leghorn ans RIR's.

Anything breed for blue eggs but not the standard would be an EE. He would add some nice coloring and lacing to your birds.

Hi!  I have a BLR Wyandotte rooster, but no hens.  I am wondering if I breed him with an ameraucana, will that give me Easter eggers?  Currently my flock of ladies has buff orpingtons, RIR bantams, black copper maran, ameraucana, leghorn ans RIR's.

I have a few BLRWx blue wheaten Ameraucana I got from Sclark. Love them!

Alright experts, Can you tell me if this egg if fertile or not? It's a BLRW Bantam egg I accidentally broke when inspecting my shipment of hatching eggs. Figured I would check fertility before I tossed it. Bad enought the USPS lost this one of the 2 packages that were shipped and it came 2 days late. TYIA
Must not of been fertile as all of my eggs I bought never even started so we're all in-fertile. Big time bummer and waste of money.

Quote:
Not developing does not mean they were NOT fertile. Shipped eggs are a huge risk. They could have frozen somewhere along the way, anything could have happned. I find that Wyandottes are the WORST to ship. Maybe it is just me but I have never had any luck with shipped wyandotte eggs. I typically DON'T ship them either.

Not developing does not mean they were NOT fertile. Shipped eggs are a huge risk. They could have frozen somewhere along the way, anything could have happned. I find that Wyandottes are the WORST to ship. Maybe it is just me but I have never had any luck with shipped wyandotte eggs. I typically DON'T ship them either.

Of the two shipments of Wyandotte eggs I got last year, the one that wasn't packaged very well, was a horrid hatch rate.

However, the perfectly packaged one, had a 75% hatch rate, and I live in Alaska.

I have some very cute BLR bantams from those eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom