Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

LL
LOVE THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif

So I hatched a chick from my favorite blrw hen and daddy is a tolbunt Polish ... I'm thinking it maybe a boy...he's pretty cute for a mutt chicken :) fluffy checks and a Mohawk ... Some feathers are becoming laced .. It will be interesting to see... Mom has a rose comb, dad. Has the tolbunt Polish v comb, yet this lil one has a single comb/ v comb? Anyhow thought I'd share since his momma is blrw

Some of his feathers

Face pic of (his?) wacky comb and Mohawk :)

Daddy

Momma

Would appreciate thoughts on gender.. My gut says Roo but I don't want to rehome him until I know for sure... He is 8 weeks old... While I think he looks red and has more wattle than his siblings., I see other 6 week old chicks that are way more prominent so I'm holding on to him until I know for sure

Thanks!

Last edited:
The two in the middle are my blrw roos to replace my glw roo that a dog killed one looks more blue then the other

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me if the lacing is the same as barring in creating a sex link?
I have looked everywhere and not come up with the answer.
I've got chicks hatching right now that have a Black Copper Marans Dad and a Blue laced Red Wyandotte Mum. If it is indeed barring these chicks should be sex linked, Correct?

Thanks for any clarification on that.

Could anyone tell me if the lacing is the same as barring in creating a sex link?
 I have looked everywhere and not come up with the answer.
 I've got chicks hatching right now that have a Black Copper Marans Dad and a Blue laced Red Wyandotte Mum. If it is indeed barring these chicks should be sex linked, Correct?

Thanks for any clarification on that. 

Lacing is different from barring. You won't be able to sex your chicks until they are 4-8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom