Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hey there, I was wondering if all my chicks are black laced. I'm definite that I have no splash which saddens me but I'm going to even more sad if they are all black. I know they are still very young but from some of the pics I've seen online, you should be able to still see some blue?? I dunno... Any thoughts? I was supposed to get blue but with the possibility of black and splash. Thanks

Hey there, I was wondering if all my chicks are black laced. I'm definite that I have no splash which saddens me but I'm going to even more sad if they are all black. I know they are still very young but from some of the pics I've seen online, you should be able to still see some blue?? I dunno... Any thoughts? I was supposed to get blue but with the possibility of black and splash. Thanks

from their back stripe they look Blue to me. Black would have a black back stripe

The pictures are very yellow on my computer so it is hard to tell but I would say they are both black.... the second one is border line blue but I can't tell. Give them some time to feather in and you will know pretty quick.....

I took them outside for a few minutes to get a better look at their colors. Some of them did seem tinted blue... That one in my first pic is my roo. :)

I have 6 BLRW that are 5 weeks today. I think I'm able to pick the boys from the girls but would like some confirmation please.
First are the splash.
Splash #1

Splash #2

Now the blacks.
Black #1

Black #2

Now for the blues.
Blue #1

Blue #2

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Back