Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Mine have always lightened with age. I can see dark and light tail feathers on your guy, so he is a splash. Both birds pictured have nice body type! /img/smilies/smile.png

Here are some examples of how much their color can change.
54909_p1010979.jpg
54909_p1020849.jpg

54909_p1060058.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Last edited:
I think I may have 3 BLRW. They are only 4-5 wks old. I hope they are pullets. My last GLW rooster spured me and it was bad. Not wanting another LF. Rooster after that. I actually think they are splash. I will try to post pictures soon. Just found this group and I am trying to read the entire thread. Im only on page 80 so quiet a few more to go lol. Looking forward to seeing everyones Pictures, I love them!

I think I may have 3 BLRW. They are only 4-5 wks old. I hope they are pullets. My last GLW rooster spured me and it was bad. Not wanting another LF. Rooster after that. I actually think they are splash. I will try to post pictures soon. Just found this group and I am trying to read the entire thread. Im only on page 80 so quiet a few more to go lol. Looking forward to seeing everyones Pictures, I love them!

Welcome. We look forward to seeing your pics. :)

Finally my 3 splash and one black arrived from Foley
celebrate.gif
Can't wait to see what they look like all grown up !! Fat n happy and boy are they big boned..... anyone else get Foley babies this spring?

Finally my 3 splash and one black arrived from Foley :celebrate   Can't wait to see what they look like all grown up !! Fat n happy and boy are they big boned..... anyone else get Foley babies this spring?

New to chickeneering. Love this breed and have heard the name Foley mentioned several times. Who is Foley and why is his/her breed stock superior in your opinion? I think blr will be a staple in my flocks because they are so beautiful. Just curious where I may want to go for future birds. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He is just a favorite of mine in the breed and has dedicated many years to the BLRW and the SLW, perfecting body type and lacing towards APA standards. I love the deep mahogany reds in his most of all.

He is attempting to get the BLRW as an APA appoved color, and is looking for others who are working towards the same. His wait list is long. These four took me almost two years to get. I am getting a SLW roo from him in a few months. Can't wait
wee.gif

Go to his site Foleys Waterfowl and Poultry for further.

Back
Top Bottom