Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

This chick is feathering out much darker than I expected. I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

Last edited:
Are these last 3 the same 2 BLRW? I think it looks like a pullet compared to the other one. I had one who i thought was a cockeral for months! but she was the sweetest thing!
yes, those last three pictures are of two birds, one I know is a roo, the bigger of the two. compared to him, the other looks pullet to me, but she is a few weeks younger too. I have 9 more that are growing out, so I won't be doing anything until everyone is full grown anyways. Some will be culled (extra roosters) and any hens not up to standard will go into my main food egg flock.

I'm headed to a farm tomorrow to check out 15 BLRW. They are appox 6weeks old. What are my chances of actually picking out some girls?

My blr is 8 weeks old and she does not have a comb or wattle developing at all yet. She is a big bird with big legs, slow to feather out. Id say your best bet is watching for comb size and color

That looks like a hen to me. I dont see any saddle feathers coming in, all her feathers at the base of the tail look rounded. That is one of the 1st things I look for....after the large and bright red comb and waddles.
I cant see that area to well but again, I dont see any saddle coming in pointy.,

what does everyone think on this last picture? roo or hen? the bird in front, the mack is a golden cuckoo maran roo

Picked up these 6wk old (apprx) chicks yesterday. Are they actually Blr, or considered something else? Also thinking I have one of each, would love your opinions.
Chick A in back is darker. Chick B is lighter and in front.

Chick B

Chick A

Picked up these 6wk old (apprx) chicks yesterday. Are they actually Blr, or considered something else? Also thinking I have one of each, would love your opinions.
Chick A in back is darker. Chick B is lighter and in front.

Chick B

Chick A

they look like BLRW, looks like a blue and a splash. I would say though, to wait a couple weeks to determine the sex, both look to have pretty large reddish combs but we cant see waddles and it is a little soon to tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom