Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Can anyone tell me Roo or Pullet? These little BLRW about four weeks old. Thank you in advance!

they all look like pullets to me. Another week or so and it may be easier. I just don't see dark pink waddels and combs developing

Can anyone tell me Roo or Pullet? These little BLRW about four weeks old. Thank you in advance!

Try getting a more upclose clear shot of those combs and wattles, I see some pink but it's hard to say for sure! And pink doesn't necessarily mean roo, but again.. Who knows

these two are about 8 to 10 weeks in age. Are they Splash or Blue? We tend to think a darker Splash. We are trying to raise a decent roo and put him over some nice hens. Not sure when to make noodle soup and try again. Both are roos. We have hatching eggs coming from a nice line this weekend so either we are happy to be headed in the right direction or happy to have a pot of noodle soup in the fall. The one on the left has a more desired body type to us but the one on the right has a beautiful red coming in on his back. Will get some better photos another time. Thanks if you take the time to respond.

Last edited:
these two are about 8 to 10 weeks in age. Are they Splash or Blue? We tend to think a darker Splash. We are trying to raise a decent roo and put him over some nice hens. Not sure when to make noodle soup and try again. Both are roos. We have hatching eggs coming from a nice line this weekend so either we are happy to be headed in the right direction or happy to have a pot of noodle soup in the fall. The one on the left has a more desired body type to us but the one on the right has a beautiful red coming in on his back. Will get some better photos another time. Thanks if you take the time to respond.

I think they are splash too. Thanks for continuing to post photos of them! I've been curious to see how they turn out. Where are the hatching eggs coming from? I hope you have a great hatch rate!

Eggs are coming from a breeder here in NC who shows her birds. Can't remember the name. The hatchery owner knows what we're looking for so he got her to sell us a dozen. Our last hatch was 90% so we hope we can do it again. Will be tossing in some other eggs just to fill the bator. Got another trio of Jubilees coming Sat so we'll have two lines of trios true to England. Trying to build good stock is time and money consuming.

We were SOOO sure this guy was a cockerel, but recently I'm changing opinion. "Bucky" is 6 weeks old. What do you think? When the comb and wattles are not washed out by the flash, they are pinkish.

Back
Top Bottom