Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

All right, I need some educated guesses. These are just over three weeks.
Chick one

Chick two

I think all four are lil boys. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't seem to have an issue sexing them. If there is any pink to comb even if wattles are late development its a Cockerel. The pullets don't get any color until much later. I do also notice cockerels have slower feather development than the pullets, if late tails, always a Cockerel.

Wow! Consider yourself lucky! :) I am used to seeing some pinkness in the combs of the females in my line. The males are easier to tell apart by the size of their wattles, and sometimes the size/development of the comb. I can't see any feather sexing until at least 8 weeks.

All right, I need some educated guesses. These are just over three weeks.
Chick one

Chick two

ok... these are GUESSES!

I am probably only 50% right
lol.png

1 - I am leaning female for smaller sized wattle and comb
2 - male - pinkness of wattle, pinkness and size of comb
3 - the size/pinkness of wattle says male to me, but the black on the comb says female to me
4 - wattle size/pinkness says female to me

the black on the comb is a for sure female in my line, regardless of pinkness :) I always have pink combed girls, which makes me freak out and think I'm looking at a sea of 100% males!

Here are my first blue laced red wyandottes!!! I am so excited to finally have them!! I have been waiting for over a year and finally found them in pullets, not straight run. I have 3 SLW and their patterns are beautiful on their chest and horrible on their backs. I have high hopes for these girls!!! Thoughts on how their coloring might turn out? I tried to pick different colorings!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom