Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Poorly bred birds may have lighter blues and darker splashes. It is so common that people get mixed up. You can't look at the lacing color. It is common practice to do so, but when there isn't any difference between your light blues and dark splashes, it isn't a reliable method. What I do is look at the undercarriage color. That is what tells you the color most accurately.

Some people need to stop selling their splash laced as blue laced heres my two...my splash is on the left my blrw is on the right

My splash rooster was only temporary. I have two Blue Laced roosters that I use now but I'm thinking about getting a black Laced since most of my hens are splash. I personally love the splash hens and most people like to get a mix of blue laced and splash but a lot of the time people want to pick out only blue laced chicks which would leave me with all splash which are a bit harder to get rid of. If I got a black laced rooster I'd have almost all blue laced chicks (and if I sell my blue laced roosters with my blue laced hens and only kept my splash hens I'd have 100% blue laced chicks).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom