Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I posted some older pictures a few weeks back. Here's a current one: blue or splash?

Beautiful bird. The black laced can also be used to darken blues and thicken lacing. Most people don't use them because they breed inconsistently.

That's great @PeakyBeaky ! I'm just getting into breeding and I've got a great looking pair to start with. I may have to get some chicks or eggs from you in the future...I'm actually from PA, so I go up there a lot to visit family. Maybe on one of my trips I'll see about getting some babies from you, because if all your birds are that lovely, I'd love to have some!

I've used it but I'm not convinced that it does all that much for external parasites and I've seen it suggested that it doesn't work when wet and doesn't work for internal parasites. I'm not sure if that's accurate but I've dusted birds with it and certainly didn't see much difference...at least not quickly. Maybe if the birds had a constant dry dust bathing area with Diotomacious Earth it would eventually get rid of all the external parasites.
I mix-up the wormers and insect killers but there's a method to my madness. Before I left for vacation several weeks back, I applied Cydectin to all my adult birds with excellent results. Many folks won't touch the stuff nor any other chemical product but having tried the natural and holistic approach over the years and generally winding up with sick or dead birds, I concluded that the chemical route goes best for me.

I give NO inoculations, opting to raise birds with natural immunity to common diseases and this seems to have worked out well enough and when my birds reach age 4 years, I stop worming them at all, only dust them with a mild chemical that I know works.

Most folks might cringe at my regimen but it has worked....healthy adults, vigorous and prolific youngsters. All suit me and my goals.

Back
Top Bottom