Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Not really much use for a splash rooster although I like the way they look. You could put a splash too with some black laced hens to make BLRW to sell for pretty backyard layers. I don't show birds and I sell chicks just to locals that want pretty birds in their backyard flocks so when my old blue rooster died I bought a splash rooster and used him until my young blue roosters matured. I'd actually like to get a black laced rooster to put over my splash hens so I can sell all BLRW but I don't get many black laced chicks and they always seem to be pullets. I'm sure I've sold a few as straight run chicks but of the ones that I've kept to raise up they have all ended up pullets.

I see your point. I guess its all up to what you are interested in. I have some splash pullets/hens in with a black rooster because I am more interested in blue birds.

I would love to have some BLRW's that are the orange/chestnut color with the pale silver grey lacing. Is there a way to know which roo and which hen will produce this coloring? Thanks.

I would love to have some BLRW's that are the orange/chestnut color with the pale silver grey lacing. Is there a way to know which roo and which hen will produce this coloring? Thanks.

IF you want a BLRW with orange color and pale silver lacing then you dont want a BLRW. Blrw shouldn't ideally have orange base feathers but rather red color. A BLRW with orange color technically is not a BLRW but rather a mutt. Plenty of horrible breeders sell them on Facebook. You'll see a ton of them advertised right about now.

IF you want a BLRW with orange color and pale silver lacing then you dont want a BLRW. Blrw shouldn't ideally have orange base feathers but rather red color. A BLRW with orange color technically is not a BLRW but rather a mutt. Plenty of horrible breeders sell them on Facebook. You'll see a ton of them advertised right about now.
So sorry to both of you, I had seen several hens with this coloring and thought they we absolutely beautiful. All in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

So sorry to both of you, I had seen several hens with this coloring and thought they we absolutely beautiful.  All in the eye of the beholder, I guess.  

I personally love the look of the "splash" birds. I don't show birds and I keep/raise what I like.

I personally love the look of the "splash" birds. I don't show birds and I keep/raise what I like.
Yes, the ones that I saw were in the late afternoon sun and glowing a beautiful coppery color with silvery tips to the feathers, gorgeous. I did not realize that they were so detested in the BLRW community but I am not interested in showing either, I just loved the color. She's lovely your hen. Thanks for posting.

Kinda excited about the little chick that I thought was a splash. Very slow to feather but the feathers coming in are a beautiful robin egg blue color and the red looks good too. Hoping it's my roo. Didn't end up with a splash but hopefully some day. I like the look of them too.

Kinda excited about the little chick that I thought was a splash. Very slow to feather but the feathers coming in are a beautiful robin egg blue color and the red looks good too. Hoping it's my roo. Didn't end up with a splash but hopefully some day. I like the look of them too.

They say slow to feather means better lacing.

Back
Top Bottom