Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

It's alright. I was just a little taken aback at first. Started wondering if my style of writing was feminine or something. Scratched my head as to why is all. Befuddled, not offended.

It's hard for me to get any good photos this time of year. They pack up in the winter run and when I toss treats for them to get out in open they are moving too fast. Whatever. I tried to get a few shots of the cockerel I'm using this spring. He's got same issues as others have posted. Some shafting and the comb still has unwanted growth. Compared to the boys I culled his comb looks smooth but that isn't saying much at all.

I still like him, kind of have too as it's the best I have to work with-
20200206_131107.jpg
20200206_131121.jpg
20200206_131143.jpg

This girl stood still for me, didn't pay attention to which one she is but she illustrates they have decent body type. Profile shot- OK I see who she is now. I don't believe I'm breeding her but she really does have good type regardless of this photo. I know this girl.
20191219_091556.jpg

Knock on wood, but I think spring has made it to the Northeast. Birds have been coming into lay for last few weeks and today I sold all the extra layers and gave away all the cockerels. Down to a quad of BLRW.

Separating them from my quad of Plymouth tomorrow to start cleaning out the unwanted cockerel genetic deposits. Looks like I'll miss hatching Easter this year by a week. Miscalculated that. It's a good looking quad and have high hopes for this seasons hatching.

I have one blrw roo and his son whos a blue laced silver roo who just became a father to a blue barred rock roo and a blue pullet 2 weeks ago

Ok, I need some help everyone. My husband went and got BLRW from TSC so we KNOW these are hatchery birds and will not come close to the standard everyone is working towards. We will sell them for pretty back yard laying hens and may keep a couple for ourselves to help replace some of our laying hens we lost over the winter. Anyways, I know not to expect the correct coloration, body type, lacing etc however I am seriously questioning if this one chick is a BLRW? She is not a splash, blue or black...I mean she has grayish and white feathers coming in...she resembles my white faced pied cockatiel I had as a teenage at this point. 3 weeks old as of Thursday, what do you all think?
F389CA8F-499D-4F72-80E5-202464D2B2FA.jpeg
F389CA8F-499D-4F72-80E5-202464D2B2FA.jpeg
3DA99F0D-17AF-42B5-AE2D-AF65DC679844.jpeg

Ok, I need some help everyone. My husband went and got BLRW from TSC so we KNOW these are hatchery birds and will not come close to the standard everyone is working towards. We will sell them for pretty back yard laying hens and may keep a couple for ourselves to help replace some of our laying hens we lost over the winter. Anyways, I know not to expect the correct coloration, body type, lacing etc however I am seriously questioning if this one chick is a BLRW? She is not a splash, blue or black...I mean she has grayish and white feathers coming in...she resembles my white faced pied cockatiel I had as a teenage at this point. 3 weeks old as of Thursday, what do you all think?View attachment 2058334View attachment 2058334View attachment 2058335
tsc doesnt sell blrw they sell silver laced which is what yours is also is a male or gold laced

tsc doesnt sell blrw they sell silver laced which is what yours is also is a male or gold laced

They sold BRLW last year and have had them one delivery so far this year. They do sell them, my local TSC received their chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery. I have 2 splash from the chicks that we purchased, 7 others are either black or blue, still not 100% sure, this one has white lacing though so :idunno

I do have BLRW from a breeder and hatching eggs in the incubator from Dragonfly Farm. These chicks were just something my husband bought even though I told him they would not look like the ones we purchased from a breeder last year or the ones we hatch.

They sold BRLW last year and have had them one delivery so far this year. They do sell them, my local TSC received their chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery. I have 2 splash from the chicks that we purchased, 7 others are either black or blue, still not 100% sure, this one has white lacing though so :idunno

I do have BLRW from a breeder and hatching eggs in the incubator from Dragonfly Farm. These chicks were just something my husband bought even though I told him they would not look like the ones we purchased from a breeder last year or the ones we hatch.

I agree that it look's like a sliver laced one, and it is a boy.

Back
Top Bottom