Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

It's only the second year working this breed for me but I'm working on a theory. From what I can tell the Splash across the board hardly show the shaft in lace and the blacks express it the most. For breeding purposes if you use a splash it should not have shafting at all. Any expression will be enhanced in the blue offspring. If needing to use a black it should have as little as possible shafting. I really like that black pullet above. Keep in mind they express the shafting the most and it's not too bad.

The blue pullet above has faint thin lines in red. It's more than I want but as I was saying the flock as a whole if far better than last years. We'll see what ends up in breeding pen. Plenty of growing to do and hopefully show of tail lift in some pullets.

20201004_174445.jpg
20201004_174450.jpg

I may be getting a BLRW hen from a friend. She's 14 mo. old and hasn't laid an egg yet. My friend says she's timid.
I've read that Wyandottes prefer their own breed for company and don't like other breeds. (Oh no, a xenophobic chicken?!?)

Has anyone found this to be true? I'm desperately seeking a friend for my lone chicken, a Barred Rock hen. Any ideas?

I may be getting a BLRW hen from a friend. She's 14 mo. old and hasn't laid an egg yet. My friend says she's timid.
I've read that Wyandottes prefer their own breed for company and don't like other breeds. (Oh no, a xenophobic chicken?!?)

Has anyone found this to be true? I'm desperately seeking a friend for my lone chicken, a Barred Rock hen. Any ideas?
I only have one Wyandotte. She gets along well with the others in my mixed flock. Can’t speak for all Wyandottes, but she is a sweetie.😊
FAA4F3A8-2EFC-47A5-89E9-83FB8B7DE71A.jpeg

Hello all! So I’m looking for some of your expertise. I purchase 5 2 week old chicks 5 weeks ago from a breeder to try and better my breeding stock. I put them out today to start to acclimate them to the rest of my flock. Needless to say in broad daylight I am rethinking quite a few things such as they may all be Cockrills and also 1 seems to have an inverted comb and crooked toes. What are your thoughts? I think both of the blues are Cockrills (1 seems to have a crooked toe and inverted comb) for the splashes I think 1 is a pullet, 1 I’m iffy on and 1 I feel confident is a cockrill. I posted on FB in the BLRW group and they seem to think they’re all Cockrills :hitI wasn’t planning on breeding the splashes, my husband and kids like the splashes so I was just going to keep any pullets withbour egg layers....thoughts?:flView attachment 2131223View attachment 2131224View attachment 2131225View attachment 2131226View attachment 2131227View attachment 2131228View attachment 2131230View attachment 2131231View attachment 2131233View attachment 2131223View attachment 2131224View attachment 2131225View attachment 2131226View attachment 2131227View attachment 2131228View attachment 2131230View attachment 2131231View attachment 2131233
I think they're all cockerills too.

Back
Top Bottom