Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
I think I determined chick #1 is a BLRW. Agree or disagree? Does #2 look like a BLRW?

78106_chick1.jpg

78106_019.jpg

Last edited:
Well its a week later and I have updated pics of my 2 BLRW's and Im still not sure if one is a roo. Little background, chick 1 was so slow to grow and we thought it wouldnt make it. Seemed to be suffering from failure to thrive...or so we thought. Now its almost caught up to its sibling. Also one is darker in color and one is lighter in color. They hatched September 14th. Sorry about the gazillion pics Im just trying to make sure I have enough to make a good guess

Both
IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Chicken #1
IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

Chicken #2
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Quote:
I think you have 2 roos. I have been watching mine mature and grow as I hatch out almost every week now from my breeding pen. I have tagged a few blue for boys and pink for girls and it seems I am getting them right.
But that may just be from my pen. I have had other people buy chicks from me and say I sold pullets where I said they were roos and roos where I said they were pullets. However, I am also finding that the photos they show me are still what I say they are.

I don't think I am off on gender from my Wyandottes like others lead me to believe.

I snapped a few photos last night before I put the BLRWs up for the night. They do enjoy grazing around the front pasture.

9332_evening_flock_blrw_10-11.jpg

9332_blrw_evening_w_the_lady_10-11.jpg

9332_blrw_stop_taking_pix_10-11.jpg

9332_blrw_evening_w_foley_n_girls.jpg

9332_blrw_evening_together_10-11.jpg

They are laying well right now and good sized eggs so I am setting a few each week. I really don't want to raise chicks through the winter but I have a few chicks in the brooder anyhow so I might as well hatch out a dz or so from a few of my breeding pens. I won't do 400 like I did last winter though.

I am not breeding my Wyandottes as close as others do to the standard. I stay as close as I can without losing the egg laying ability or the beautiful pattern but mine will never go before a judge. I have to have eggs and meat so mine are true dual purpose birds, not just beauty. I think they are nice big beautiful birds and work on them being part of a self sustained farm.
I love their temperament, too. They let me pet them and enjoy taking treats from my hands. How can you not love these birds???

sooo.....I've got two blrw hens that are about 8 months and have NOT layed!!! Anyone got any advice or ideas as to what may be going on???

Back
Top Bottom