Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
no light...have the ceramic eggs in the nest. I've got 2 glw and 1 ee that have been laying a little under a year but these 2 blrw have got me baffled...

Quote:
Are you using light on a timer? Mine turns on at 3:30 am so the girls get the 14 hours of light needed to stimulate laying.

Mine are out in a tractor and even the 7 month old girl is laying. No lights. I do not like to use lights on mine. I do feed a very natural diet though instead of commercial food.

OK I'm sure its on this thread somewhere but I had no luck finding it I have 2 blrw one cockerel one pullet I have 2 glw one cockerel one pullet and 2 splash cockerels one look like he's red with white lacing but there is some blue in a place or two the other has a lot of black with white kinda looks like the lacing is very thick all of the above are supposed to be from blrw stock which matings will give me the best chance for blrw? My son has a slw from TSC does she fit in anywhere?

Thanks for the help
Kenneth
2 splash cockerels
1 glw cockerel
1 glw pullet
1 blrw cockerel
1 blrw pullet

1 slw pullet from TSC

Quote:
Only breed BLR x BLR. If you breed them to your Gold Laced, you will loose the proper red color and get gold instead and it is very hard to breed out. Same goes for your Gold laced. You will redden the gold if you breed them to your BLR which is undesirable. Enjoy your birds
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom