Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

So for this coming year I kept 4 roos. A foley roo that is going on 3 years and two I bred down from another line and one new foley addition. Tell me what you think.

Blue Roo - My line that I have been working on. He kind of looks a bit goofy right now as he is young and MASSIVE.

My black cockerel which I plan to use to improve lacing. His lacing is even all over and continues without fading to his legs.

One of my small gals who I will darken up chicks and improve lacing with the black roo above.

LOL Thank you. Now to find her a boyfriend in the spring!! How does one find a BLRW breeder in GA? Not sure how you go about doing this. I'm a boxer breeder and dog breeding is MUCH different.

Well on here always works. And I will have a bunch. I just posted two of my favs from this year from my flock and its only getting better as I grow out the rest!

Hi everybody, I found 2 splash BLR's here locally, I want to breed them with my blue rooster that I already have. With that being said I was wondering if you guys could critique my bird and let me know what you think He has really dark red coloring and nice clean lacing on his chest Here is a good view of his comb

I take from looking at the pictures that the hens show more if the Blue? Is it customary for you to breed different colors to enhance? I love you black roo. His markings are so striking. I have lots I looking and reading to do!!! Thank you for the pictures. I look forward to learning more.

I take from looking at the pictures that the hens show more if the Blue? Is it customary for you to breed different colors to enhance? I love you black roo. His markings are so striking. I have lots I looking and reading to do!!! Thank you for the pictures. I look forward to learning more.
Yes you can use other colors to enhance.... splash would make LIGHTER blues when mated with a blue. Blacks mated to blues would make DARKER blues. Blacks TYPICALLY have thicker lacing, so if you want to improve the lacing from thin to med you would use a black with WIDE lacing to help.

I think what you are seeing as MORE blue in the hens, is hens have lacing all over, roos don't.

The roos are plenty blue, but not in the wings, saddles and hackles.

See the hens are laced all over.

This is a younger pair that Foley mated. The roo is VERY DARK BLUE and the pullet is splash, hoping for med blues

I need to get some new pics of these two. He look more like his dad now.... VERY wide all over and he is starting to get that hump in the tail that wyandottes should have. She is MUCH redder now and he is mating her so
fl.gif
for eggs soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom