Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

hello, Im interested in buying some blrw's that meet the sop for the breed. would anyone have some ideas as to who could supply afew good birds.thks..

Erijn5's birds have very nice type. I got my eggs from her and everyone comments on how well their type is. The only thing that people have said bad about them is that their color could be darker

Hi. I've loved BLRW since I first got chicks last year. My first one was from a hatchery and she only lived for a week. This guy is from a breeder in WI who I don't trust much of what they say on their website, (my order was fulfilled horribly), so I can't tell if he's hatchery or better quality. What do you think of him?

I only have one other Wyandotte - a SLW who is from a hatchery. She's pretty poor quality. I don't plan to breed to sell any eggs or chicks, but I am planning to put them together for a little while to see what I come up with. I've looked at the chart and know I do have a chance of getting some BLRW from them, and some other interesting combos.

For a hatchery bird he is not bad. It is hard to tell his shape with his posturing. Nice mahogany color through legs. Legs could be a bit more yellow. Also back may be a bit long and tail may need to be wider.

hello, Im interested in buying some blrw's that meet the sop for the breed. would anyone have some ideas as to who could supply afew good birds.thks..
I don't believe there is an SOP for the variety yet, so the closest you could come would be with type, not color. from what i understand jerry foley has some of the best in the country and is thinning his flocks. he should have some birds (last i heard) at the lucasville OH show next weekend.

i've got 3 chicks hatched from her. no clue for type or color quality yet, 1 splash 2 blacks. i can't even tell sexes yet. LOL
I had 6 hatch & five make it. It was hard to tell what was what color for a while. I ended up with 2 blue (roo & hen), 2 black hens, and one splash rooster. After a few preditor attacks I'm down to one rooster :( so he is on lock down, in a hardware cloth covered tractor and he only gets let out under supervision :( now I'm looking for some girlfriends for him. Here are a few pics of them as they matured

Last edited:

I have some up for auction now, the link is in my siggy. You are not too far are you? I will have some chicks and pullets in the spring for sure. Mine came from Foley's breeding pen so they are as good as you can get
wink.png

I just got this beautiful girl. Wasn't sure her breed at first but after looking around I am thinking she is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. She is about 10ish weeks old

Your girl has ear tufts so definitely not a Wyandotte. She is for the most part blue laced red though. Probably a cross or from someone working on that color in another breed.

Back
Top Bottom