Blue laced wyandotte hen or roo?

sariea

Chirping
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I've been thinking this is a cockerel, but wanted to get another opinion. He's about 2 months old. What do you think? Most of his tail feathers are gone from some of the others (I think he accidentally broke a pin feather and it snowballed from there)

Attachments

• poro1.JPG
    poro1.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 24
  • poro2.JPG
    poro2.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 22
  • poro3.JPG
    poro3.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 24
  • poro4.JPG
    poro4.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 22
I would definitely say roo. I also have a 2 month old BLRW and her comb is not nearly as red or big

Attachments

• 06242DB0-FA45-491A-BCD9-A036FEC1C9A9.jpeg
    06242DB0-FA45-491A-BCD9-A036FEC1C9A9.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 21
Cockerel.

Hatchery quality Wyandottes will have single combs sometimes.
Damn.. well thank you so much for confirming, and the info about the comb, because that was weird to me. Wish he wasn't a cockerel. He's super sweet and I can't keep roosters lol

Damn.. well thank you so much for confirming, and the info about the comb, because that was weird to me. Wish he wasn't a cockerel. He's super sweet and I can't keep roosters lol
I wish I could take him. I actually want this type of cockerel :p

I can’t keep roosters either, But somehow a serama rooster is living with us ;) He’s such a sweetheart though so I can’t get rid of him lol

Back
Top Bottom