Blue Legged Bantams. I have no clue. Help me out if you would please.

Chick Charm

Songster
10 Years
I picked up these in the middle of May. Special order chicks (paid for in advance) never picked up at the local feed store by the the one who ordered. So I couldn't resist. I was told they are "exotic rare breed". When I asked what they were, the only answer I got was a shrug of the shoulders.

They have steel blue legs. They are the size of my bantam OEGB. At times their legs get real blue. Toenails stay peach colored. Very docile and like to be held and are at my feet without any fear. Not like the rest of my chickens that only come when they get treats. They are now 12+ weeks old and I have 2 cockerels and 3 pullets. One of my Cockerels has a severe cross beak that I will have to address here shortly.

Pics are when they are 10 weeks old. Pullet I believe.

They're probably Easter egger bantams.
Would that be considered a rare breed? I've been googling and can't find anything. (Trying to learn more about breeds) At first I read an article that said Sebrights have blue legs but the pictures aren't anywhere close. I also read that Dutch bantam breeds tend to have slate colored legs. Buff dutch bantam or red pyle dutch bantam....

Last edited:
Would that be considered a rare breed? I've been googling and can't find anything. (Trying to learn more about breeds) At first I read an article that said Sebrights have blue legs but the pictures aren't anywhere close. I also read that Dutch bantam breeds tend to have slate colored legs. Buff dutch bantam or red pyle dutch bantam....
No, an easter egger is a hybrid that lays blue to greenish eggs they are often confused with Ameraucanas and Araucanas.

Last edited:
The cockerels have a spiked rose/pea comb. Not positive just yet. I have had large fowl EE's and some on the small side but these chickens are TINY like my bantam OEGB. They have not grown any from the pics above. Feathering is pretty. I'm pretty sure they are not EE's. EE's are Americaunas in general. Yes I am being very general and know that EE's are mutts by comparison. But if I say that on this sight I could insight a riot. Also not the expected muffs or beards. These are much smaller.

A lot of hatcheries put them in rare assortment but they arent rare.

Back
Top Bottom