1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blue Orpington Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I have just hatched 13 Buff Orps and after seeing several pix on posts here (what beautiful birds) I am really interested in trying to get some Blue Orp eggs to try hatching. Anyone have any suggestions? If it matters, I am in NW Georgia. Thanks

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    contact Livinzoo, she might be able to help. She has nice birds. I bought some Blue boys from her a few months ago.

She's near you - Outside of Atlanta somewhere

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Thank you VERY much

4. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    no prob...oh and Speckledhen - queen of all this gloriousness - is up near you too. I don't know if she has anything available either but it can't hurt to ask.

And BammaChicken (sp) she has AMAZING birds and her auctions get crazy but she is worth the pm. She's a very nice and helpful person.

Lastly, You can become a member of the orpington club and get a breeder list. You might find other close to you who have the birds/eggs for sale. I have learned - painfully - that it's better to get them from folks close to you. I bought a bunch from out west that were real duds. Spent alot of money and time for nothing.

5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Jnjross and lockedhearts also have bbs orps. I only have blacks right now.

The bbs orps are beautiful birds.

6. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I've also hatched lovely BBS Orps from both tuffoldhen and Miss Prissy.

7. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Sorry, should have mentioned those gals too, but tuffoldhen in in WV and missprissy is in VA....I was thinking of folks closest to you.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi, I am in Fannin county, east of you, I guess. At the moment, I have my rooster separate from my three hens, but he'll be back with them soon. When that happens, you are welcome to come pick up some BBS Orp eggs. [​IMG] From time to time, I have a broody and the next one will get Orp eggs to hatch, so there will be chicks as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by